Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

[ ERROR ] [VPU] Unsupported activation type while running SSDMobilenet using OpenVino Inference Engine

Moosa__Azmath
Beginner

I downloaded tensorflow's `ssd_mobilenet_v1_coco` and converted it to Intermediate Representation file using

`

/opt/intel/computer_vision_sdk_2018.2.300/deployment_tools/model_optimizer$ python3 mo_tf.py --input_model=/work/22_movidus/ncappzoo/tensorflow/custom_tf/ssdmobilenet_frozen_inference_graph.pb --tensorflow_use_custom_operations_config extensions/front/tf/ssd_support.json --output="detection_boxes,detection_scores,num_detections" --data_type FP16

`

It generated xml and bin files.  I then tried to use it in movidius but I am getting this error

/opt/intel/computer_vision_sdk_2018.2.300/deployment_tools/demo$ ../inference_engine/samples/build/intel64/Release/object_detection_demo_ssd_async -d "MYRIAD"  -m ./ir/ssdmobilenet16/ssdmobilenet_frozen_inference_graph.xml -i /dev/video0 
InferenceEngine: 
	API version ............ 1.1
	Build .................. 11653
[ INFO ] Parsing input parameters
[ INFO ] Reading input
[ INFO ] Loading plugin

API version ............ 1.1
	Build .................. 11653
	Description ....... myriadPlugin
[ INFO ] Loading network files
[ INFO ] Batch size is forced to  1.
[ INFO ] Checking that the inputs are as the sample expects
[ INFO ] Checking that the outputs are as the sample expects
[ INFO ] Loading model to the plugin
[ ERROR ] [VPU] Unsupported activation type

I have read that people are able to run this network on the NCS.  But No luck for me so far...  I would be grateful if anyone could help.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Severine_H_Intel
Employee

Hi Azmath, 

I could reproduce your error. I will investigate with our dev team the problem.

Best, 

Severine

0 Kudos
ELUMALAI__BALAJI
Beginner

Habert, Severine (Intel) wrote:

If you resolved the issue as Azmath discussed please remind the link and updates

0 Kudos
ELUMALAI__BALAJI
Beginner

I had the same issue happend while using coco2018, but using coco2017 generated to .xml is running good. 

0 Kudos
ELUMALAI__BALAJI
Beginner

Hi Severine,

Please remind me updates if this [ ERROR ] [VPU] Unsupported activation type while running SSDMobilenet using OpenVino Inference Engine problem is solved, If there is any alternatives suggest if possible.

0 Kudos
VnsMurthy_S_Intel

I am getting the same problem is there any solution available for this? 

0 Kudos