Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

Error using OpenVino, NCS on Raspberry PI

Pavithran__Praveen

Hi,

I am setting up raspberry PI along with the Movidius NCS stick. I am referring to the setup in https://docs.openvinotoolkit.org/latest/_docs_install_guides_installing_openvino_raspbian.html

When I try to run the example face detection model, I get the following error.

[ ERROR ] AssertionFailed: inputs.size() == 1

When I try the OpenCV example, the error looks like this

cv2.error: OpenCV(4.0.1-openvino) /home/jenkins/workspace/OpenCV/OpenVINO/build/opencv/modules/dnn/src/op_inf_engine.cpp:553: error: (-215:Assertion failed) Failed to initialize Inference Engine backend: AssertionFailed: inputs.size() == 1 in function 'initPlugin'

Can someone help me?

Praveen

0 Kudos
2 Replies
zcd__zcd
Beginner

Hi
      I also encountered this problem last week. At present, the official website has provided the latest version of openvino. Without this problem, I downloaded the installation package as l_openvino_toolkit_raspbi_p_2019.1.094.tgz, hoping to help you.

0 Kudos
Luis_at_Intel

The error is seems to be related to a missed initialization of OpenVINO™ Toolkit environment variables when running the openvino_fd_myriad.py sample code here. To fix this just initialize environment variables with command:

source /opt/intel/openvino/bin/setupvars.sh 

As an Optional step, you can permanently set the environment variables so it initializes every time a new terminal window/tab is used. To do so execute:

echo "source /opt/intel/openvino/bin/setupvars.sh" >> ~/.bashrc

Also please verify the .bashrc file includes a single entry for variable init setup of your latest OpenVINO™ Toolkit install (in case you are upgrading OpenVINO™ versions), as having multiple entries could cause issues. Let me know if you have questions or if the issue persists.

Regards,

@Luis_at_Intel 

0 Kudos