Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community support and discussions about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all things computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
5959 Discussions

Error while convert TensorFlow Object Detection EfficientDet D0 onnx format to IR

FanChen
Beginner

I have some issue while convert the EfficientDet D0 onnx to IR Format.

System information (version)

• OpenVINO 2021.4.582
  • Operating System / Platform => Windows 10
  • Problem classification: Model Conversion
  • Framework: TensorFlow
  • Model name:  EfficientDet D0 512x512

In order to convert the tensorflow saved_model.pb to onnx, I run TensorRT create_onnx.py and it work successfully.

Command:

command.PNG

Export:

convert_onnx.PNG

Reference: https://github.com/NVIDIA/TensorRT/blob/master/samples/python/efficientdet/create_onnx.py

And I tried to use the model optimizer mo_onnx.py convert the exported onnx file to IR format, some error shown as below.

onnx2ir.PNG

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Wan_Intel

Hi FanChen,

Thank you for reaching out to us and thank you for using OpenVINO™ Toolkit.

For your information, I have successfully converted EfficientDet models trained with the TensorFlow Object Detection API (TFOD) to Intermediate Representation (IR) using OpenVINO™ Toolkit 2021.4.1.

Please use the following command to convert your TensorFlow Object Detection EfficientDet D0 using OpenVINO™ Toolkit 2021.4.1 Model Optimizer:

python mo_tf.py \
--saved_model_dir="<path_to_saved_model_dir>\saved_model" \
--input_shape=[1,512,512,3] \
--reverse_input_channels \
--tensorflow_object_detection_api_pipeline_config="<path_to_pipeline.config>\pipeline.config" \
--transformations_config="<path_to_model_optimizer>\extensions\front\tf\efficient_det_support_api_v2.0.json"

On another note, you may download and convert EfficientDet models trained with the AutoML framework to IR using Model Downloader from Open Model Zoo.

Regards,

Wan

robopp
Beginner

How does one put together the pipeline.config file?

Wan_Intel

Hi Robopp,
Thanks for reaching out to us.

I noticed that you have posted a similar question in the OpenVINO community.
Hence, I would like to notify you that we will continue our conversation at the following thread:
https://community.intel.com/t5/Intel-Distribution-of-OpenVINO/Issue-converting-AutoML-TensorFlow-mod...

Regards,
Wan

FanChen
Beginner

Hi Wan:

Thanks for your reply, I have tried the method you provided, and the conversion was successful, but in order to unify the parameters, we have request to convert the onnx to ir-format, is there any solution to do that?

Best Regard, 

Fan

Wan_Intel

Hi FanChen,

Thanks for your information.

Good to know my previous reply was helpful to you.

I have converted the EfficientDet model trained with the TensorFlow Object Detection API (TFOD) to the ONNX model using the create_onnx.py from TensorRT. I encountered the same error as you did when converting the EfficientDet ONNX model into IR:

Cannot infer shapes or values for node "nms/non_maximum_suppression"

There is no registered "infer" function for node "nms/non_maximum_suppression" with op = "EfficientNMS_TRT". Please implement this function in the extensions.

Based on Supported Framework Layers, there is no “EfficientNMS_TRT” under the ONNX operation. Therefore, we regret to inform you that “EfficientNMS_TRT” is yet to be supported in OpenVINO™ Toolkit.

On another note, do you want to initiate a feature request for this case? If yes, we might contact you for some information (business goal, cost-saving, etc) as part of the feature request process.

Regards,

Wan

Wan_Intel

Hi FanChen,

Thank you for your question.

If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question as this thread is no longer being monitored.

Regards,

Wan