Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

Filter pruning w/ openVino21

timosy
New Contributor I

Related to this post : https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/developer/articles/release-notes/openvino-relnotes.html

, an expart kindly taught me how the structure pruning is activated with openVino-22.

I also would like to know hot it is activated with openVino-21. I checked similar page : https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/developer/articles/release-notes/openvino-relnotes-2021.html

But, I could not chatch what I want to know. 

I just use "--transform=Pruning" as following openVino-22, but it is not available.

[ ERROR ] Can not apply Pruning transformations due to missing Inference Engine Python API

Would anuone tell me how it is activated with openVino-21?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Zulkifli_Intel

Hi Timosy,

Yes, In order to use the new pruning transformation you need to upgrade to the latest OpenVINO Release (2022.2). The description of pruning transformation in MO help can be found in this PR#13121.

Sincerely,

Zulkifli 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Zulkifli_Intel

Hello Timosy,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

The parameter --transform=Pruning is not available in OpenVINO 2021. The new pruning transformation is available and can be applied starting with OpenVINO 2022. See Release Notes for detail.

Sincerely,

Zulkifli 

0 Kudos
timosy
New Contributor I

Thnak for your comment.

The comment above means the "filter pruninng" method is not available in openVino-21?   

0 Kudos
Zulkifli_Intel

Hello Timosy,

The Filter pruning compression algorithm is available in OpenVINO 2021, and the "pruning" option in MO parameter --transform is enabled in OpenVINO 2022 release. 

Sincerely,

Zulkifli

0 Kudos
timosy
New Contributor I

Thanks your comment.

To activate the structure pruning, I need to use the framework of openVino22.

It means inference engine of openVino22 only is available.

It means inference engine of openVino21 is not available.

My understanding is correct?

0 Kudos
Zulkifli_Intel

Hi Timosy,

Yes, In order to use the new pruning transformation you need to upgrade to the latest OpenVINO Release (2022.2). The description of pruning transformation in MO help can be found in this PR#13121.

Sincerely,

Zulkifli 

0 Kudos
timosy
New Contributor I
0 Kudos
Zulkifli_Intel

Hi Timosy,

Thank you for your question. If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question as this thread is no longer being monitored. 

Sincerely,

Zulkifli

0 Kudos