Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6403 Discussions

Getting error using OpenVINO's Face Recognition Demo

goelradhika
Beginner

Hi,

I am trying to run the face_recognition demo application using the cmd: 

python .\face_recognition_demo.py -i "<path\to\gallary>\face_gallary\testing\testing13.jpg" -m_fd ..\..\..\..\deployment_tools\intel\face-detection-retail-0004\FP32\face-detection-retail-0004.xml -m_lm ..\..\..\..\deployment_tools\intel\landmarks-regression-retail-0009\FP32\landmarks-regression-retail-0009.xml -m_reid ..\..\..\..\deployment_tools\intel\face-reidentification-retail-0095\FP32\face-reidentification-retail-0095.xml --verbose -fg "<path\to\gallary>\face_gallary\training" --loop

I am getting below error for 2-3 days.

<path>\Python39\lib\site-packages\ngraph\utils\types.py:25: DeprecationWarning: `np.bool` is a deprecated alias for the builtin `bool`. To silence this warning, use `bool` by itself. Doing this will not modify any behavior and is safe. If you specifically wanted the numpy scalar type, use `np.bool_` here.
Deprecated in NumPy 1.20; for more details and guidance: https://numpy.org/devdocs/release/1.20.0-notes.html#deprecations
(NgraphType.boolean, np.bool),

Can't find the image by <path\of\face\gallary\directory\filename>.jpg

Can't find the dir by <path\of\face\gallary\directory\filename>.jpg
Can't open the video <path\of\face\gallary\directory\filename>.jpg
Can't find the camera <path\of\face\gallary\directory\filename>.jpg

Previously I was able to run the demo, I do not make any changes to the code. I suddenly started getting this error from 2-3 days. Are there any dependency changes that have happened in recent days?

Please provide help and suggestions.

FYI: I am using windows 10. I do not have an additional GPU. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Megat_Intel

Hi goelradhika,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

I have successfully run the Face Recognition Python Demo using the same model and parameters as you did. After investigating, I found that the error you obtain occurs due to incorrectly specifying path to the input file, as shown below.

facedemo_error.png

Here are my results when I successfully ran the Face Recognition Python Demo with the correct path to the input file.

facedemo_cmd.pngfacedemo_result.png

On the other hand, the error "DeprecationWarning: `np.bool`" is just a warning. The warning occurs because np.bool in the NumPy package was deprecated. You can refer to Deprecations and DeprecationWarning: `np.bool` for more information on this warning.

Regards,

Megat

0 Kudos
goelradhika
Beginner

Thanks @Megat_Intel . I observed later, that one underscore was missing in the path, I changed the name of the directory, hence it started giving this error.

0 Kudos
Megat_Intel

Hi goelradhika,

This thread will no longer be monitored since this issue has been resolved. If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question.

Regards,

Megat

0 Kudos