Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

How can the Smart Classroom Sample detect more action?

li__dongming
Beginner

HI,

I've run the smart classroom sample successfully. And I notice that only 3 basic actions (sitting, standing, raising hand) can be detected.

Can it detect more action ? Such as adding some custom actions

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Monique_J_Intel
Employee

Hi Dongming,

Currently the model is just trained for the three actions that you mentioned above. Now you could use your own action detection model with the sample which would require some modifications of the sample code.

Also, what additional actions did you have in mind?

Kind Regards,

Monique Jones

0 Kudos
li__dongming
Beginner

Thank you.  

I want to add some actions like sitting, walking, falling etc. Can you give out the  untranslated models and data sets for dectec actions ? 

0 Kudos
Shubha_R_Intel
Employee

Hello DongMing. To be able to support more than the 3 basic actions using a model under deployment_tools/intel_models (sitting, standing, raising hand) requires a newly trained model provided by Intel - so in other words, data collection and model retraining performed by the Intel  OpenVino development team.  So, today, we only support those aforementioned 3 actions. New actions will be supported in future releases of this sample, however.

There is nothing stopping you from using an open source model (i.e. perhaps a TensorFlow model zoo item), properly training it using hardware of your choice, pumping it through OpenVino model optimizer, and finally using the Smart Classroom Example as a reference on how to code it using OpenVino inference_engine but this is a lot of work !

Thank You for using OpenVino !

Shubha

0 Kudos
Yogesh_P_Intel
Employee

Can we get the actual caffe model. I wish to convert the model again using modal optimizer to a different resolution. Currently the default resolution is [1x3x400x680]]. 

0 Kudos
Shubha_R_Intel
Employee

Dear Yogesh, 

please check here :  https://github.com/opencv/training_toolbox_caffe

Thanks,

Shubha

0 Kudos