Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6403 Discussions

How to calculate memory consumption of vpu

fancywang
Beginner

Hi,

I recently ran into a question about calculating the memory consumption of a VPU. I use Intel Compute Stick 2 for image inference and need to calculate memory consumption while inference. Unlike other hardware with GPU module that can directly use GPUtil library in python to get GPU state from NVIDA GPU, so I want to know is there any way to get VPU state?

Regards,

fancywang

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Peh_Intel

Hi Fancy Wang,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

There is no tool or API to measure memory consumption on Intel® Neural Compute Stick 2.

By the way, memory consumption can be measured for HDDL plugin through configuration parameter (HDDL_DEVICE_MEMORY_USED). However, this configuration parameter is not available for MYRIAD plugin (Intel® Neural Compute Stick 2).

HDDL_Memory.JPG

Regards,

Peh

0 Kudos
fancywang
Beginner

Hello @Peh_Intel 

Thank you for your information. Currently, I'm trying to get the state of the VPU indirectly through other methods. Thank you for your support.

Regards,

fancywang

0 Kudos
Peh_Intel

Hi Fancy Wang,

Thank you for your question. If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question as this thread is no longer being monitored. 

Regards,

Peh

0 Kudos