Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

How to use the OpenCL compiler of OpenVINO?

Chen__Oliver
Beginner

Hi!

I'm considering the possibility of running OpenCL on the SHAVE processor of Intel Neural Compute Stick 2 (NCS2) connected to an ARM board (Dragonboard 410C). The target is use OpenCL to accelerate OpenCV applications, or even to other general purpose ones.

In this page: Release Notes for Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit 2019

There is a description about an OpenCL compiler:

HDDL Plugin

Added OpenCL™ custom layer support for the Intel® Vision Accelerator Design with Intel® Movidius™ VPUs in the Preview Feature mode:

OpenCL™ compiler, targeting SHAVE processor only, is redistributed with OpenVINO™. OpenCL support is provided by ComputeAorta, and is distributed under a license agreement between Intel and Codeplay Software Ltd.

I'm wondering if there is any other information about how to use this OpenCL compiler?

Regards,

Oliver

0 Kudos
1 Solution
David_C_Intel
Employee

Hello Oliver

Thank you for replying.

Looking through the DLDT repository under tools, we can see that OpenCL is not available. In fact, the only way to use OpenVINO™ toolkit on ARM is with DLDT, and it does not include OpenCL. 

Regards, 

David

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
David_C_Intel
Employee

Hi Oliver, 

Thank you for reaching out. This guide might be useful for your needs.

If you need additional help, feel free to post here again.

Best regards, 

David

0 Kudos
Chen__Oliver
Beginner

Hi David,

Thank you for your reply and providing the link to that document.

Thanks to that guide, I've found the directory of OpenCL tools in the installed OpenVINO:

<INSTALL_DIR>/deployment_tools/tools/cl_compiler

In that directory there are few binary executable files, which I believe are compiled for Intel x86 CPU.

As I want to use OpenVINO on ARM (the Dragonboard 410c board), I'm wondering whether I can:

1. find the source code of those OpenCL tools to compile for ARM, just like I compiled the Deep Learning Deployment Toolkit (DLDT) for ARM? or

2. find the binary executable of those OpenCL tools compiled for ARM?

0 Kudos
David_C_Intel
Employee

Hello Oliver

Thank you for replying.

Looking through the DLDT repository under tools, we can see that OpenCL is not available. In fact, the only way to use OpenVINO™ toolkit on ARM is with DLDT, and it does not include OpenCL. 

Regards, 

David

0 Kudos
Chen__Oliver
Beginner

Hi David,

OK, now I understand.

Thanks for your reply and explanation!

0 Kudos