Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6392 Discussions

I cannot initialize OpenVino evveriment

corlangerak
Beginner

I think I precisely followed all the instructions according to the installation guide.

this is my:

vi ~/.bash_profile

# Setting PATH for Python 3.6
# The original version is saved in .bash_profile.pysave
PATH="/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.7/bin:${PATH}"
export PATH

# Homebrew

# Homebrew echo export PATH=/usr/local/bin:/Users/corlangerak/mypython/bin:/Users/corlangerak/miniconda3/bin:/Users/corlangerak/miniconda3/condabin:/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.7/bin:/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.8/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/opt/X11/bin:/Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/Versions/Current/Commands

# Homebrew echo export PATH=/usr/local/bin:/Users/corlangerak/mypython/bin:/Users/corlangerak/miniconda3/bin:/Users/corlangerak/miniconda3/condabin:/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.7/bin:/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.8/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/opt/X11/bin:/Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/Versions/Current/Commands

# Homebrew
export PATH=/usr/local/bin:/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.6/bin:/Users/corlangerak/mypython/bin:/Users/corlangerak/miniconda3/bin:/Users/corlangerak/miniconda3/condabin:/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.7/bin:/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.8/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/opt/X11/bin:/Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/Versions/Current/Commands

source /Users/corlangerak/intel.2/openvino_2021.2.185/bin/setupvars.sh

But every time I run:  source /intel.2/openvino_2021.2.185/bin/setupvars.sh 

I get this error...

setupvars.sh] WARNING: Can not find OpenVINO Python binaries by path /Users/python

[setupvars.sh] WARNING: OpenVINO Python environment does not set properly

[setupvars.sh] OpenVINO environment initialized

What can I do?! All help is greatly appreciated

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Iffa_Intel

Greetings,

Generally, if you had set the setupvars in the bash file, it should initialize automatically each time you open a new terminal. Running it manually also should not cause any problem.

This means something is not properly set up in your environment.

Try to remove the dot in your repo name :

source /intel.2/openvino_2021.2.185/bin/setupvars.sh 

to

source /intel2/openvino_2021.2.185/bin/setupvars.sh 

and have you check whether that setupvars.sh really exist in that specific folder?

Btw, which OS are you using?

Sincerely,

Iffa

0 Kudos
corlangerak
Beginner

Hi thanks for your reply.

I tried removing the dot, but still it is not working..

The setupvars.sh is located in the folder.

I am on macOS Catalina. 

I am very new to this and not at all an expert, but could something be wrong in my Bash file?

0 Kudos
Iffa_Intel

We have a new OpenVINO release (2021.3).

You may refer here: https://docs.openvinotoolkit.org/latest/openvino_docs_install_guides_installing_openvino_macos.html

Perhaps you could try with this latest version and see whether the problem still persists.

This might also help: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9r9A1Minlls

Sincerely,

Iffa

0 Kudos
Iffa_Intel

Greetings,

Intel will no longer monitor this thread since we have provided a solution. If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question.

Sincerely,

Iffa

0 Kudos