Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

IE::ie_cpu_extension not found

Daraen
Beginner

Hi everyone,

I'm student and I'm working with OpenVINO for my intership.

So I tried to use the sample code with the samples :

http://docs.openvinotoolkit.org/latest/_inference_engine_samples_classification_sample_README.html

When I compile the code, an error occured and say that IE::ie_cpu_extension is not found.

Anyone can help me please ?

Thank you !

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Shubha_R_Intel
Employee

Dear Daraen:

If you downloaded OpenVino 2019 R1 and 

executed C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\openvino\setupvars.bat THEN

C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\openvino\inference_engine\samples\build_samples_msvc2017.bat

it will build the samples and also cpu_extension.dll .  The binaries will be found under C:\Users\<MickeyMouse>\Documents\Intel\OpenVINO\inference_engine_samples_build_2017\intel64\Release

Similar instructions for the Linux version.

The OpenVino samples pass in cpu_extension.dll via the -l command-line argument.

Thanks,

Shubha

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Shubha_R_Intel
Employee

Dear Daraen:

If you downloaded OpenVino 2019 R1 and 

executed C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\openvino\setupvars.bat THEN

C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\openvino\inference_engine\samples\build_samples_msvc2017.bat

it will build the samples and also cpu_extension.dll .  The binaries will be found under C:\Users\<MickeyMouse>\Documents\Intel\OpenVINO\inference_engine_samples_build_2017\intel64\Release

Similar instructions for the Linux version.

The OpenVino samples pass in cpu_extension.dll via the -l command-line argument.

Thanks,

Shubha

0 Kudos
Daraen
Beginner

Hello Shubha,

Thank you for your reply.

I did what you said but I don't know what to do with the files built.

I changed the name IE::ie_cpu_extension.lib to cpu_extension.lib in the entry of the part "Linker" in Visual Studio, and I got lot of errors.

Thanks.

EDIT: the .bat file created only a Release directory (with files insides) and no Debug directory.

RE-EDIT : All work, thank you

0 Kudos
Shubha_R_Intel
Employee

Dear  Daraen,

You are correct in that only Release binaries get built by default. However you will find a Samples.sln under inference_engine_samples_2017 and you can pull that *.sln file up in Visual Studio, configure for Debug and build that from within Visual Studio.

Please follow the OpenVino samples regarding how to reference cpu_extension.dll in the code. Normally you will never have to modify cpu_extension.dll unless you're creating a custom layer.

Thanks,

Shubha

0 Kudos