Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6392 Discussions

Illegal instruction (core dumped) when trying to convert model using mo.py script

Camillus
Beginner

Hi, I am trying to test an image classification sample on linux, so I downloaded the alexnet model using the downloader.py script, I try to optimize the file using the mo.py script and I get the error ''Illegal instruction (core dumped)" kindly tell me how to fix this.

The command I use is :

./mo.py -d /opt/intel/openvino_2021.1.110/deployment_tools/tools/model_downloader/public/alexnet/alexnet.caffemodel --output_dir /home/user/Downloads/

Also worthy of mention, I am able to run the demo_security_barrier verification script but the demo_squeezenet script fails during model optimization with error "FAILED: squeezenet1.1, Error on or near line 178; exiting with status 1"

0 Kudos
1 Solution
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hi Camillus,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please run the following command to convert an Alexnet model to Intermediate Representation (IR):

python converter.py --name alexnet --output_dir /home/user/Downloads/

For more information, please refer to the following link:

https://docs.openvinotoolkit.org/latest/omz_tools_downloader_README.html#model_converter_usage

Regards,

Adli

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hi Camillus,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please run the following command to convert an Alexnet model to Intermediate Representation (IR):

python converter.py --name alexnet --output_dir /home/user/Downloads/

For more information, please refer to the following link:

https://docs.openvinotoolkit.org/latest/omz_tools_downloader_README.html#model_converter_usage

Regards,

Adli

0 Kudos
IntelSupport
Community Manager

Hi Camillus,

This thread will no longer be monitored since this issue has been resolved. If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question.

Regards,

Adli

0 Kudos