Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6404 Discussions

ImportError:undefined symbol: _ZN15InferenceEngine7details23CNNNetSortTopologicallyERKNS_11ICNNNetworkE

Davis__Thomas
Beginner

Hi!

Recently, I have installed the l_openvino_toolkit_p_2019.1.144.tgz,When I run the toolkit python example, I will encounter a error as follows:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "object_detection_demo_ssd_async.py", line 25, in <module>
    from openvino.inference_engine import IENetwork, IEPlugin
  File "/opt/intel/openvino_2019.1.144/python/python3.5/openvino/inference_engine/__init__.py", line 1, in <module>
    from .ie_api import *
ImportError: /opt/intel/openvino_2019.1.144/python/python3.5/openvino/inference_engine/ie_api.so: undefined symbol: _ZN15InferenceEngine7details23CNNNetSortTopologicallyERKNS_11ICNNNetworkE

I hope someone can give advice

Thank you!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Shubha_R_Intel
Employee

Dear Davis, Thomas,

Actually wow - l_openvino_toolkit_p_2019.1.144.tgz is super ancient. We are on 2019R3 by now. Can you kindly uninstall that and re-install everything from scratch, this time using 2019R3. Also /python3.5/ is pretty old as well. 3.5 is supported but 3.6 or 3.7 would be better because Python has improved a lot too !

Please install the new versions (after properly uninstalling the old OpenVino and Python versions) and try again.

Hope it helps,

Thanks

Shubha

0 Kudos