Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

Inference Engine API in Python sample

MARIO_B_Intel
Employee

Hi I'm trying to run the Python* Classification Sample and I' ve got the following error:

python3 classification_sample.py -m /home/smartag/openvino_models/ir/squeezenet1.1/squeezenet1.1.xml -i /opt/intel/computer_vision_sdk_2018.1.343/deployment_tools/demo/car.png

[ INFO ] Loading network files:

/home/smartag/openvino_models/ir/squeezenet1.1/squeezenet1.1.xml
        /home/smartag/openvino_models/ir/squeezenet1.1/squeezenet1.1.bin
[ INFO ] Preparing input blobs
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "classification_sample.py", line 137, in <module>
    sys.exit(main() or 0)
  File "classification_sample.py", line 86, in main
    if image.shape[:-1] != (h, w):
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'shape'

I tried both squeezenet1.1 model and my own model too. Both gave the same error. 

I've also tried the compiled C++ version to run the classification sample and everything works ok.

The version I'm using is computer_vision_sdk_2018.3.343. 

Appreciate your help

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Monique_J_Intel
Employee

Hi Mario,

I have ran the python classification successfully. The issue is that the within your command call you have 1.343 and it should be 3.343. If you paste the command below this should work:

python3 classification_sample.py -i /opt/intel/computer_vision_sdk_2018.3.343/deployment_tools/demo/car.png -m  /home/smartag/openvino_models/ir/squeezenet1.1/squeezenet1.1.xml

Also, we have an internal OpenVINO Forum for you to post any other problems you run into. If you aren't familiar with the internal forum then the link is in my status when you search Monique Jones in Skype.

Kind Regards,

Monique Jones

0 Kudos