Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6403 Discussions

Installation of 2019_R3.1 inside the Docker hangs

shevelev__alexander

Hello,

I am trying to install the OpenVino 2019_R3.1 release inside the Docker. I use this instruction https://docs.openvinotoolkit.org/latest/_docs_install_guides_installing_openvino_docker_linux.html

But the process hangs on line "./install.sh -s silent.cfg". (I was waiting for a half an hour before stop the process)

I have successfully installed the 2019_R3.1 on local machine and compiled models, but can not do this in Docker for deployment.

There was no such a problem with 2019_R1.1

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Sahira_Intel

Hi Alexander,

Can you please provide more information about your system?

Sincerely,

Sahira

0 Kudos
shevelev__alexander

Hi, Sahira

I have a linux server with Ubuntu 16.04, Docker 18.09.3. I can provide more information about the system, if you say what type of it is needed.

I did some additional tests and the results are as follows:

1) I tried to build an image with 2019_R1.1, which I could build successfully 2 months ago, but it is failed with the same issue.

2) I built an image with downloaded 2019_R3.1, but not installed, ran it in interactive mode and tried to install OpenVino in Docker with install.sh script as if it was on a local machine. OpenVino installed successfully, but it hangs after the final screen of the installation process.

3) The Docker image with 2019_R3.1 is successfully built on my personal laptop with Linux Mint 18.04. Also I asked a few people to try it on their own PCs. They did not have any issues.

I assume the problem is in this particular server, but I do not know how to find the source of the issue. Also I installed 2019_R3.1 on this server without any issues (without Docker).

0 Kudos
Sahira_Intel

Hi Alexander,

Sorry for the delay in my response. But I think there might be an issue with your Linux server. Can you run a clean install? Delete all instances of OpenVINO from the system and try again. 

Best Regards,

Sahira 

0 Kudos
shevelev__alexander

Hi Sahira,

Thank you for the answer. Unfortunately, I can not install a fresh OS on the server (if "run a clean install" means that). 

My first trials of installation in Docker were with OpenVino installed in the system, but then I removed it and next trials were without OpenVino.

Is there a way to enable logging in install.sh script to see what happens?

UPD: I tried to install OpenVino on this server locally (not in Docker). It hanged too. It happened after this step (look at attachment). 

0 Kudos