Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6403 Discussions

Is it possible to connect the 2 USB modes that the NCS has before inference?

AToro2
Beginner

Hi, I'm new using OpenVINO and the NCS. I know that the NCS has two USB modes. Maybe this is a stupid question, but I was wondering if it is possible to connect the NCS with the two USB modes it has before making the inference so that the response time improves.

Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
David_C_Intel
Employee

Hi AToro2,

Thanks for reaching out.

Could you please give us more details about your inquiry? What do you mean with 2 USB modes? The Intel® Neural Compute Stick 2 is an inference device only.

Regards,

David C.

0 Kudos
AToro2
Beginner

Hi DavidC_Intel, thank you for the reply.

For example, when the NCS is connected in a USB port on Ubuntu you can see that the NCS is connected as "Movidius Ltd. Movidius MA2X5X" but when you run an script to do the inference the NCS is connected too as "Intel VSC Loopback Device" (that's why I said 2 USB modes). So I was just wondering if it was possible to make the NCS have that "Intel VSC Loopback Device" mode before making the inference to improve the response time. Just curiosity.

0 Kudos
David_C_Intel
Employee

Hi AToro2,

Thanks for your reply. The"VSC Loopback Device" is an indicator telling that device is currently doing inferencemeaning it is busy. You cannot change the device state manually and it should not affect inference performance.

Best regards,

David C.

AToro2
Beginner

Ok, thank you very much David :D

0 Kudos