Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ABoch5
Beginner

Is there API-doc or C++-samples to process Stereo-cameras on Myriad X (VPU)?

Is there API documentation and C++-examples to write my own C++-code to get depth-map on Myriad X (VPU) chip by using my own Stereo-camera (2 web-cameras)?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Sahira_Intel

Hi ABoch5,

I don't think there are any C++ examples to process stereo cameras in the OpenVINO Toolkit. But a NCS community member, Pinto, has a lot examples using the NCS2 + Intel Realsense D435 + MobileNetSSD that might be helpful to you. Check out his github repo here

But can you please describe your use case a little better? I can do a little more research to see if there are more examples.

Sincerely,

Sahira

ABoch5
Beginner

Hi Sahira, Thanks!

I want to process my custom Stereo Cameras by using Myriad X (VPU) chip in C++. How can I do this?

> But a NCS community member, Pinto, has a lot examples using the NCS2 + Intel Realsense D435 + MobileNetSSD that might be helpful to you. Check out his github repo here

Does it mean, that I can use only Intel Realsense stereo-cameras with Myriad X chips?

Sahira_Intel

Hi ABoch5,

Okay, you should be able to do that. The Myriad X Chip has a Stereo Depth Accelerator that is able to simultaneously process 6 camera inputs (or 3 stereo pairs).

You can use any stereo camera - that functionality is not only limited to the RealSense cameras.

There aren't any samples included in the OpenVINO toolkit though. But Pinto's example can be a good place to start since he uses the RealSense IR sensor to detect distance to an object.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Best Regards,

Sahira