Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6392 Discussions

Is there a Python OpenCV-openvino function to call to get the minimum IR version required?

Kulecz__Walter
New Contributor I

I hit this error moving some old 2020.1 code to 2021.2 where IR10 is now required, I had been using IR5

I reconverted with the 2021 model optimizer and all was well, but I'd rather detect at runtime what IR version is required and load the correct one.  Meaning I'd rather store models in IR5 and IR10 folders and load from the appropriate one instead of maintaining  two code versions or adding an IR format parameter.  I guess in the meantime I've missed using IR6-IR9

I can kludge it by parsing the cv2.__version__  string, but that already needed changing when I tried on 2021.2

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Adli

Hi Kulecz__Walter,

Thank you for reaching out to us. We are investigating this issue and will get back to you soon.

Regards,

Adli

0 Kudos
Adli

Hi Kulecz__Walter,

I don’t think there is an easy way to do what are looking for. Besides, IRv7 has been deprecated since 2020.3, and support for this version has been removed since the 2020.4 release. Therefore IR7 and lower will not work on the 2021.2 release. Please refer to this article.

We recommend our customers to migrate their model to IRv10. Our customers can do this simply by converting the original model using the Model Optimizer which comes with the latest version of the OpenVINO

If you would like to check if OpenVINO supports IRv7, a possible way could be to utilize get_versions from Python API, check device version, and use IR version as supported according to device version of particular OpenVINO release. Please the following example on how to use get_versions. 

Regards,

Adli

0 Kudos
Adli

Hi Kulecz__Walter,

This thread will no longer be monitored since we have provided a solution. If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question.

Regards,

Adli

0 Kudos