Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

Linker error after upgrading to 2020.4

subbu
Novice

Hey there,

We have a C++ project which uses OpenVINO 2020.1 (In a docker image). I am trying to upgrade the project to use 2020.4 now and make fails at the linking stage complaining the following:

/usr/bin/ld: CMakeFiles/furhat-camcore.dir/src/intel/detectors.cpp.o: undefined reference to symbol '_ZTIN15InferenceEngine10MemoryBlobE'
//opt/intel/openvino/deployment_tools/inference_engine/lib/intel64/libinference_engine_legacy.so: error adding symbols: DSO missing from command line
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
CMakeFiles/furhat-camcore.dir/build.make:673: recipe for target 'furhat-camcore' failed
make[2]: *** [furhat-camcore] Error 1
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:67: recipe for target 'CMakeFiles/furhat-camcore.dir/all' failed
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/furhat-camcore.dir/all] Error 2
Makefile:129: recipe for target 'all' failed
make: *** [all] Error 2

I have all the libraries listed in my LD_LIBRARY_PATH and have ran the setupvars.sh script in the current terminal (and it is also run in the docker image creation process through the Dockerfile). My LD_LIBRARY_PATH output:

/opt/intel/openvino_2020.4.287/data_processing/dl_streamer/lib:/opt/intel/openvino_2020.4.287/data_processing/gstreamer/lib:/opt/intel/openvino_2020.4.287/opencv/lib:/opt/intel/openvino_2020.4.287/deployment_tools/ngraph/lib:/opt/intel/openvino_2020.4.287/deployment_tools/inference_engine/external/hddl_unite/lib:/opt/intel/openvino_2020.4.287/deployment_tools/inference_engine/external/hddl/lib:/opt/intel/openvino_2020.4.287/deployment_tools/inference_engine/external/gna/lib:/opt/intel/openvino_2020.4.287/deployment_tools/inference_engine/external/mkltiny_lnx/lib:/opt/intel/openvino_2020.4.287/deployment_tools/inference_engine/external/tbb/lib:/opt/intel/openvino_2020.4.287/deployment_tools/inference_engine/lib/intel64:

The same exact project with no changes to the CMakeLists.txt builds with my other Docker image which contains 2020.1.

I have attached my CMakeLists.txt below.

Any help appreciated

Thanks and cheers,

Subbu

0 Kudos
1 Solution
subbu
Novice

Hey Munesh,

I resolved the issue. The problem wasn't with the Dockerfile but with the CMakeLists. I changed the way I was linking the InferenceEngineLib and that fixed the issue.

Thanks a lot for your help

Cheers,

Subbu 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Munesh_Intel

Hi Subbu,

I would suggest you build a new Docker image for OpenVINO 2020.4.

Relevant information is available at the following page:

https://docs.openvinotoolkit.org/2020.4/openvino_docs_install_guides_installing_openvino_docker_linux.html#building-for-cpu

Regards,

Munesh

0 Kudos
subbu
Novice

Hey Munesh,

Thanks for your response.

I built a new docker container based on openvino/ubuntu18_dev:2020.4 (https://hub.docker.com/r/openvino/ubuntu18_dev) and no luck. I still have the same exact linker error as I had previously. I have attached my Dockerfile, if you wanna take a look.

Cheers,

Subbu

0 Kudos
Munesh_Intel

Hi Subbu,

I suggest you use the attached Dockerfile to build a Docker image. This Dockerfile has been validated for Ubuntu 18.04 LTS.

Regards,

Munesh

0 Kudos
subbu
Novice

Hey Munesh,

I resolved the issue. The problem wasn't with the Dockerfile but with the CMakeLists. I changed the way I was linking the InferenceEngineLib and that fixed the issue.

Thanks a lot for your help

Cheers,

Subbu 

0 Kudos
Li__Rachel
Beginner

May I ask what exact changes did you make in CMakeList?

I have the similar error but for undefined reference to symbol '_ZTVN15InferenceEngine10CNNNetworkE'

0 Kudos
Munesh_Intel

Hi Subbu,

Thank you for sharing your findings with our community.

Intel will no longer monitor this thread since this issue has been resolved. If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question.

Regards,

Munesh

0 Kudos