Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

Missing OpenVino toolkit samples

TStoy
Beginner

Hi community, I installed the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit. Everything seems to be okay, except one thing. The toolkit samples are missing. I checked the inference_engine_samples/intel64/Release folder and found only these two, mentioned in the Get started page. Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
nikos1
Valued Contributor I

Hello Stoyanov, Tsvetelin

Typically in the  inference_engine_samples/intel64/Release folder you can find the binaries of the samples after you build them from source. Have you tried building them? if not please follow instructions  in file Intel/computer_vision_sdk_2018.5.445/deployment_tools/documentation/_docs_IE_DG_Samples_Overview.html

For example for Windows

The recommended Windows build environment is the following:

Microsoft Windows* 10
Microsoft* Visual Studio* 2015 including Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 Community or Microsoft Visual Studio 2017
CMake* version 2.8 or later
OpenCV* 3.3 or later
Generate Microsoft Visual Studio solution file using create_msvc_solution.bat file in the samples directory and then build the solution samples\build\Samples.sln in the Microsoft Visual Studio 2015.

nikos

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
nikos1
Valued Contributor I

Hello Stoyanov, Tsvetelin

Typically in the  inference_engine_samples/intel64/Release folder you can find the binaries of the samples after you build them from source. Have you tried building them? if not please follow instructions  in file Intel/computer_vision_sdk_2018.5.445/deployment_tools/documentation/_docs_IE_DG_Samples_Overview.html

For example for Windows

The recommended Windows build environment is the following:

Microsoft Windows* 10
Microsoft* Visual Studio* 2015 including Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 Community or Microsoft Visual Studio 2017
CMake* version 2.8 or later
OpenCV* 3.3 or later
Generate Microsoft Visual Studio solution file using create_msvc_solution.bat file in the samples directory and then build the solution samples\build\Samples.sln in the Microsoft Visual Studio 2015.

nikos

0 Kudos