Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

Missing libraries (libswscale-dev, libavcodec-dev, libavformat-dev)

Ward__Jason
Beginner

Hi,

I attended the excellent London workshop on using the OpenVINO toolkit on 3 Sept 2018, and I am now trying to replicate the examples on my MacBook Pro, by using ubuntu-16.04.3-desktop-amd64.iso within VirtualBox.  (In the workshop, laptops with Ubuntu installed were already provided).

​On running the install_cv_sdk_dependencies.sh script (from the OpenVINO toolkit .tar download) which correctly detects ubuntu and tries to execute the "sudo -E apt install -y {list_of_packages}" command, the command fails due to not being able to find the three libraries libswscale-dev, libavcodec-dev and libavformat-dev.  This also does not install of the rest of the packages in the same command (presumably due to the "-y" option).  I have verified by hand that installing each of the other packages (not those 3) works fine (e.g. cmake, etc).

In the file /etc/apt/sources.list I have removed the first line "deb cdrom:{...etc...}" to remove errors related to appstreamcli and not enough space to move database.  Is there another repository (or number of repositories) that should be added to the /etc/apt/sources.list file that enables the 3 missing libraries to be correctly picked up when doing "sudo -E apt install -y {list_of_packages}"?

Many thanks in advance,

Jason.  

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Maksim_S_Intel
Employee

These packages are in the official Ubuntu repository: https://packages.ubuntu.com/xenial/libavcodec-dev. Try to run "Software & Updates" tool and enable "Community-maintained ... (universe)" checkbox. Then update packages info ('sudo apt update') and try to install these packages again.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Maksim_S_Intel
Employee

These packages are in the official Ubuntu repository: https://packages.ubuntu.com/xenial/libavcodec-dev. Try to run "Software & Updates" tool and enable "Community-maintained ... (universe)" checkbox. Then update packages info ('sudo apt update') and try to install these packages again.

0 Kudos