Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

Model compilation: NOT IMPLEMENTED

nwidynski
Novice

Hi,

I'm trying to compile a model. I tried both compile_tool and the Export function, and they lead to the same result:

Inference Engine:
        API version ............ 2.1
        Build .................. 2021.2.0-1877-176bdf51370-releases/2021/2
        Description ....... API

Network inputs:
    Placeholder : FP32 / NCHW
    Placeholder_1 : FP32 / NCHW
    Placeholder_2 : FP32 / NCHW
Network outputs:
    generator/Conv/BiasAdd/Add : FP32 / NCHW

[NOT_IMPLEMENTED]

I only tried on Windows for now. Could I get some visibility on the not implemented layers? Is there a workaround (not compiling is not option for us because of the loading time on GPU)?

The network is in attachment.

Thanks in advance,

0 Kudos
1 Solution
nwidynski
Novice

For anyone interested, we cannot use import/export at the moment for GPU.

However, the solution was to give Openvino a cache directory to store the compiled cl kernels. This way, the kernels are generated the first time your application runs, and then will be loaded from the same directory for additional runs. This should speed-up the loading.

ie.SetConfig( { { CONFIG_KEY( CACHE_DIR ), "your_path" } }, "GPU" );

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
14 Replies
Iffa_Intel

Greetings,

The OpenVINO Compile tool is a C++ application that enables you to dump a loaded executable network blob. The tool is delivered as an executable file that can be run on both Linux* and Windows*.

you may refer here: https://docs.openvinotoolkit.org/latest/openvino_inference_engine_tools_compile_tool_README.html

and this is guide on how to Compile the Inference-Engine Samples :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ww_zLDGfII

Sincerely,

Iffa

0 Kudos
nwidynski
Novice

Hi Iffa,

Thanks for your answer. Unfortunately that is not my question.

I know what the compile tool is, and in fact my message is the output of this compile tool. My problem is that the compile tool returns a "NOT IMPLEMENTED" and I can't figure out why and/or what is not implemented from my network.

I posted a network so you can reproduce the problem on your end.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Iffa_Intel

Hi,

I'm using OpenVINO version 2021.2 with Windows 10.

I'm able to use your file with the compile tool. However please take note that it's a myriad_compile.exe.

You can refer to my attachment.

0 Kudos
nwidynski
Novice

Hi Iffa,

Ok for Myriad. But it does not help in my case for CPU and GPU, does it? Using the compile tool, I'm getting "NOT_IMPLEMENTED" for both CPU and GPU. It outputs an empty blob file.

I'm also using OpenVINO version 2021.2 with Windows 10. I also tried with linux and it leads to the same result.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Iffa_Intel

Can you show me the location of the compile tool that you are using, together with the complete command that you use?

Sincerely,

Iffa

0 Kudos
Iffa_Intel

We are investigating this further and will update you as soon as possible.

Sincerely,

Iffa

nano
Beginner

Hey,

I ran into the same issue with an optimized onnx model in .bin/.xml form that can be compiled with the MYRIAD flag, but not with the cpu flag.

Just to say this once: I run an azure maschine with a xeon E5-2690, maybe there is some azure-sided virtualization in the background that messes with the -d "CPU" Flag?

Do you also use a cloud computer @nwidynski ? Did you happen to find a workaround yet?

Cheers

0 Kudos
nwidynski
Novice

Hi @nano ,

I haven't found a workaround/solution yet. I tried the compile tool on multiple local computers, -d CPU, -d GPU, and same results (no cloud computer).

My next step would be to compile OpenVino in Debug to generate the pdb and step into the code.

Cheers

0 Kudos
nano
Beginner

Hey @nwidynski ,

check out the github issue I opened for this problem: https://github.com/openvinotoolkit/openvino/issues/3863

Apparently compiling with the -d cpu flag is not supported currently. Compiling for CPU must be done during runtime using the IR.

Cheers

0 Kudos
nwidynski
Novice

Hi @nano ,

Thanks for the ticket and the link! Ok, it makes sense for CPU. Unfortunately, I'm mainly interested on the GPU case, since loading the network compiles it, and it takes more than 30 seconds to do so for that target. I don't see how a model can be deployed with that limitation.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
nwidynski
Novice

For anyone interested, we cannot use import/export at the moment for GPU.

However, the solution was to give Openvino a cache directory to store the compiled cl kernels. This way, the kernels are generated the first time your application runs, and then will be loaded from the same directory for additional runs. This should speed-up the loading.

ie.SetConfig( { { CONFIG_KEY( CACHE_DIR ), "your_path" } }, "GPU" );

0 Kudos
Iffa_Intel

Greetings,

Fyi, as you previously heard, the compile_tool only supports Myriad, FPGA for now and myriad_compile supports only Myriad.

documents will be updated accordingly by the developer soon.

Sincerely,

Iffa

0 Kudos
Iffa_Intel

Greetings,

Intel will no longer monitor this thread since we have provided a solution. If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question. 

Sincerely,

Iffa

0 Kudos