Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

Multiple input workaround

idata
Employee

Hello,

Per my understanding Movidius NCS only support single input at this time, is there any workaround this even if i used multiple NCS up to 5?

because i am planning to buy more i would make sure this can be done.

Thanks
0 Kudos
9 Replies
idata
Employee

Are you looking for multiple networks or a single network that takes in multiple inputs?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Single network that takes in multiple inputs

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

@GoldenWings For clarification, what exactly are you trying to do with multiple input/NCS devices?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Well, i am working on a self driving car currently on RC car what i am trying to achieve is feed the network with sensor data (lidar and ultrasonic) and image to output steering and throttle commands.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

@GoldenWings Sorry, let me clarify myself. Are you saying that you want to use multiple NCS to take in multiple inputs for a single network?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

@Tome_at_Intel I am just asking if that possible or there is any workaround to achieve such task?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

@Tome_at_Intel still waiting for your response.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

@GoldenWings Conceptually speaking it may be possible to use an NCS device to process an input (let's say one NCS for lidar, one for ultrasonic), but the last layer which outputs steering and throttle would have to be done on the CPU. However, I don't know if your network can be split up in this way.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

@Tome_at_Intel Thats nice, actually i'vent yet made the network so i can make it this way, So i can use 1 NCS for lidar one for ultrasonic (altough there are 9 Ultrasonics but i think i can merge them in one input somehow since they are numerical data and another one for image and the last layer would be done in one NCS as well right?

0 Kudos