Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6401 Discussions

Myriad X firmware upgrade from OpenVINO

ASant103
Beginner

Can OpenVINO upgrade the Myriad X ?

For example is it possible that the Miryad X gets its firmware upgraded at the first usage and connection with a host that has just installed a new version of OpenVINO ?

thank you

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RandallMan_B_Intel

Hi ASant103,

Thank you for contacting Intel Customer Support.  

Are you using the Intel Neural Compute Stick 2? The OpenVINO toolkit will load the model (IR format) to the device for inference when running the application. The model is uploaded to the device every time the application is executed. You should not need to worry about the firmware update when switching OpenVINO release. Please let me know if I misunderstood your question.

Regards,    

Randall B.

Intel Customer Support Technician    

A Contingent Worker at Intel   

0 Kudos
RandallMan_B_Intel

Hi ASant103, 

I have not received a response from you. Is there anything else I can help you with? 

Best Regards,     

Randall B.

0 Kudos
ASant103
Beginner

Hello Randall,

thank you for your answer. I wasn't referring to the model. I wanted to know if Movidius' internal firmware could be automatically upgraded when connecting to a newer version of OpenVINO. I am guessing Myriad Movidius has an internal fw, as I can see its version printed out to console when running the latest OpenVINO benchmark.

thank you

0 Kudos
RandallMan_B_Intel

Hi ASant103, 

Thank you for your reply.

The Myriad firmware does not change with OpenVINO™ toolkit Releases.

By saying "Myriad Movidius internal fw", are you referring to "MKLDNNPlugin......version x.x"?

If so, that is not the firmware on the NCS but the component version the Plugin 

which changes with releases.

Best Regards,     

Randall B.

0 Kudos