Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

Neural Compute Stick 2 not detected from OpenVino Win10

Sack__Benjamin
Beginner

Software: Windows 10 & Open Vino 2018 R5 | 2019 R1

All installation steps had successfully executed.

The Stick is detected correctly in the Windows Device Manager, but if I start one of the Demo-applications, I'm getting the following error:

InferenceEngine:
        API version ............ 1.4
        Build .................. 19154
[ INFO ] Parsing input parameters
E: [ncAPI] [         0] ncDeviceOpen:870        failed to find device

[ ERROR ] Can not init USB device: NC_DEVICE_NOT_FOUND
..\src\vpu\myriad_plugin\myriad_executor.cpp:191
c:\intel\computer_vision_sdk_2018.5.456\deployment_tools\inference_engine\include\details\ie_exception_conversion.hpp:71

C:\Users\Admin\Documents\Intel\OpenVINO\inference_engine_samples_2017\intel64\Debug\human_pose_estimation_demo.exe (process 2364) exited with code 1.
To automatically close the console when debugging stops, enable Tools->Options->Debugging->Automatically close the console when debugging stops.
Press any key to close this window . . .

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Shubha_R_Intel
Employee

Dear Benjamin:

Did you install the driver Movidius_VSC_Device.inf under C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\openvino\deployment_tools\inference_engine\external\MovidiusDriver ? I just used my NCS2 on Windows 10 2019 R1 yesterday so I know it works.

Thanks for using OpenVino !

Shubha

0 Kudos
Sack__Benjamin
Beginner

Dear Shuba,

yes I installed the inf file, but I have no  directory "C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\openvino\deployment_tools\inference_engine\external\MovidiusDriver "

Instead I have a directory called "C:\Program Files\Intel\NCS2"

0 Kudos
Shubha_R_Intel
Employee

Benjamin, 

Here is what you need to do and it could explain some of the problems you've been having, including your model optimizer conversion issues. Please go to your Windows Add or Remove Programs, look up OpenVino and uninstall all old versions. There's no reason to have those old versions hanging around. Then re-install 2019 R1. It seems like something is horribly messed up in your installation environment.

Thanks !

Shubha

0 Kudos