Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6404 Discussions

No install_NEO_OCL_driver.sh in OpenVino 2020.2

Socke__Linux
Beginner

Hi,
I am installing OpenVino 2020.2 from apt for my Ubuntu 18.04 system but there is no setup for my GPU driver available?
Hoewer would it make sense to run it on the integrated Graphics Controller (Celeron N3350/Pentium N4200/Atom E3900 Series) in my Up Squared Ai Edge?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
SIRIGIRI_V_Intel
Employee

Thanks for reaching out.

Intel® Graphics Compute Runtime for OpenCL™ is not a part of OpenVINO™ APT distribution. You can install it from the Intel® Graphics Compute Runtime for OpenCL™ GitHub repo.

Let us know in case of any other questions.

Regards,

Ram prasad

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
SIRIGIRI_V_Intel
Employee

Thanks for reaching out.

Intel® Graphics Compute Runtime for OpenCL™ is not a part of OpenVINO™ APT distribution. You can install it from the Intel® Graphics Compute Runtime for OpenCL™ GitHub repo.

Let us know in case of any other questions.

Regards,

Ram prasad

0 Kudos
Socke__Linux
Beginner

Thanks, that worked!

However, when the model is loaded into the device (took quiet some time) and inference is started my GPU is making weird sounds. Is the model somehow too heavy then?

0 Kudos
SIRIGIRI_V_Intel
Employee

You can use cl_cache feature to reduce the loading time for GPU. However, for the first time the loading time will be same and then faster. Refer FAQ(OpenCL).

What is the size of the model?

Are you using OpenVINO pre-trained model?

Regards,

Ram prasad

0 Kudos
Socke__Linux
Beginner

I was trying the pretrained MobileNetV2 from person-detection-retail-0013. And I ran it using the pedestrian detection demo.

0 Kudos
SIRIGIRI_V_Intel
Employee

We have tried similar pre-trained models on the same setup but haven't observed the mentioned issue. This seems like a hardware specific issue. Please reach out to the corresponding vendor to address this issue better.

Regards,

Ram prasad

0 Kudos