Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

[OpenVINO] Using Plugin for CPU device while executing python api for Inference Engine

GMath7
Beginner

Hi,

I am trying to execute object_detection_demo_ssd_async.py provided along with the OpenVINO toolkit. While trying to execute the same, I am getting an error, when CPU plugin is being used. Path of CPU plugin is provided as an argument. Adding the command used for executing the same below

python3 object_detection_demo_ssd_async.py -m /opt/intel/computer_vision_sdk/deployment_tools/intel_models/face-detection-adas-0001/FP32/face-detection-adas-0001.xml -i <Path to input test video> -l <OPENVINO_INSTALL_DIR>/inference_engine/lib/ubuntu_16.04/intel64/libcpu_extension_sse4.so --pp <OPENVINO_INSTALL_DIR>/inference_engine/lib/ubuntu_16.04/intel64/libMKLDNNPlugin.so

The error I am getting is unreognized arguement. Could you please help me solve the issue. I am able to execute the script excluding the argument for plugin directory.

regards,

Gina

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Gdeep
Beginner
Face-detection-adas only work with 'Interactive face detection' ,Try this with 'Interactive face detection' ,use face-detection-retail-0004 with obj_ssd
0 Kudos
GMath7
Beginner

Ok. But how to explicitly add CPU plugin in command line as argument and could you please specify the plugin directory

0 Kudos
Mikhail_T_Intel
Employee

Hi Gina,

The issue in the command line which You are post above is that -pp points to the libMKLDNNPlugin.so but according to the sample help -pp option is a "Path to a plugin folder". So just specify it like --pp <OPENVINO_INSTALL_DIR>/inference_engine/lib/ubuntu_16.04/intel64.

The general comment is that in common case you have not to specify plugin path in command line for a samples. It will be found automatically if the folder with target plugin library and all plugin dependencies  are in LD_LIBRARY_PATH. You can add it manually or just run setupvars.sh script as described in documentation, which is simpler and more preferable.

0 Kudos