Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6392 Discussions

OpenVINO demo "demo_squeezenet_download_convert_run" not working.

Lablace
Beginner

I recently installed Intel OpenVINO toolkit successfully. But when I tried to run one of the demos, the demo_squeezenet_download_convert_run.bat, it failed to work at the very last step.

###############|| Generate VS solution for Inference Engine samples using cmake ||###############

等待 3 秒,按一个键继续 ...
Creating Visual Studio 16 2019 x64 files in C:\Users\***\Documents\Intel\OpenVINO\inference_engine_samples_build...
-- Selecting Windows SDK version 10.0.18362.0 to target Windows 10.0.18363.
-- Configuring done
-- Generating done
-- Build files have been written to: D:/IntelOpenVINO/openvino/deployment_tools/inference_engine/samples/cpp

等待 7 秒,按一个键继续 ...

###############|| Build Inference Engine samples using MS Visual Studio (MSBuild.exe) ||###############

等待 2 秒,按一个键继续 ...
"C:\Visual Studio\MSBuild\Current\Bin\MSBuild.exe" Samples.sln /p:Configuration=Release /t:cpp_samples\classification_sample_async /clp:ErrorsOnly /m
用于 .NET Framework 的 Microsoft (R) 生成引擎版本 16.7.0+b89cb5fde
版权所有(C) Microsoft Corporation。保留所有权利。

等待 6 秒,按一个键继续 ...

###############|| Run Inference Engine classification sample ||###############

等待 2 秒,按一个键继续 ...
已复制 1 个文件。
classification_sample_async.exe -i "D:\IntelOpenVINO\openvino\deployment_tools\demo\car.png" -m "C:\Users\***\Documents\Intel\OpenVINO\openvino_models\ir\public\squeezenet1.1\FP16\squeezenet1.1.xml" -d CPU

###############|| Classification demo completed successfully ||###############

等待 8 秒,按一个键继续 ...

I have refered to this page, but I believe it would not be the network problem. I have tried to run the execute file but it seemed that it would never parse any argument, even the "-h" which should have it show the usage (this was shown in the following source code.)

static void showUsage() {
std::cout << std::endl;
std::cout << "classification_sample_async [OPTION]" << std::endl;
std::cout << "Options:" << std::endl;
std::cout << std::endl;
std::cout << " -h " << help_message << std::endl;
std::cout << " -i \"<path>\" " << image_message << std::endl;
std::cout << " -m \"<path>\" " << model_message << std::endl;
std::cout << " -l \"<absolute_path>\" " << custom_cpu_library_message << std::endl;
std::cout << " Or" << std::endl;
std::cout << " -c \"<absolute_path>\" " << custom_cldnn_message << std::endl;
std::cout << " -d \"<device>\" " << target_device_message << std::endl;
std::cout << " -nt \"<integer>\" " << ntop_message << std::endl;
}

So I believe it wasn't compiled in the right way. Any help may be offered? Many thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Lablace
Beginner

Thank you, Iffa.

Sorry but this didn't help. As I followed the Installation Guide detailedly, I am sure that I had installed all the dependencies and pre-requisites. Eventually I have managed to work it out or so, but I have more to tell here.

First, it would be nice if you could change all the "cd" in the demo batch files to "cd /d." Adding a "/d" switch does help when people choose to install the ToolKit in anything other than the SystemDrive (where Users directories are.) If not, it would be a mess because command prompt can't change directories successfully.

Second, it seemed that the following command couldn't get the right version of MSBuild.exe.

if exist "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\MSBuild\15.0\Bin\MSBuild.exe" (
set "MSBUILD_BIN=C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\MSBuild\15.0\Bin\MSBuild.exe"
set "MSBUILD_VERSION=15 2017"
)
) else (
if not "!MSBUILD_BIN:2019=!"=="!MSBUILD_BIN!" set "MSBUILD_VERSION=16 2019"
if not "!MSBUILD_BIN:2017=!"=="!MSBUILD_BIN!" set "MSBUILD_VERSION=15 2017"
if not "!MSBUILD_BIN:2015=!"=="!MSBUILD_BIN!" set "MSBUILD_VERSION=14 2015"
)

I didn't quite understand what the bolded command meant but when I deleted the not, as

if "!MSBUILD_BIN:2019=!"=="!MSBUILD_BIN!" set "MSBUILD_VERSION=16 2019"

It did set the right version.

Third, when I ran command prompt in Administrator mode, and ran the demo, it didn't prompt any error message, which got me puzzled, so I wrote the original post here. But when I ran both of them in Normal mode, it prompted an error message, the same as this post, and the method in that post helped! I compiled it in debug mode and it worked.

I still couldn't quite understand what happened in all these procedures. Debugging this really got me frustrated XD, but it was worth my while.

Thank you again!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Iffa_Intel

Greetings,

I'm not quite sure wht the demo is not working for you.

First and foremost, ensure that you had installed the pre-requisite (it should install every necessary things) --in Linux ensure to include sudo

Another workaround is:

Go to directory <openvino version>/ deployment tool/ tools/model_downloader

Then run the command: python downloader.py --print_all

you can see the list of all officially supported models including squeezenet

to download type in command: python downloader.py --name squeezenet1.1

(for example)

and see whether you could successfully implement it.

you can refer here for more detailed explaination:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbdS3BjjbaQ

Sincerely,

Iffa

0 Kudos
Lablace
Beginner

Thank you, Iffa.

Sorry but this didn't help. As I followed the Installation Guide detailedly, I am sure that I had installed all the dependencies and pre-requisites. Eventually I have managed to work it out or so, but I have more to tell here.

First, it would be nice if you could change all the "cd" in the demo batch files to "cd /d." Adding a "/d" switch does help when people choose to install the ToolKit in anything other than the SystemDrive (where Users directories are.) If not, it would be a mess because command prompt can't change directories successfully.

Second, it seemed that the following command couldn't get the right version of MSBuild.exe.

if exist "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\MSBuild\15.0\Bin\MSBuild.exe" (
set "MSBUILD_BIN=C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\MSBuild\15.0\Bin\MSBuild.exe"
set "MSBUILD_VERSION=15 2017"
)
) else (
if not "!MSBUILD_BIN:2019=!"=="!MSBUILD_BIN!" set "MSBUILD_VERSION=16 2019"
if not "!MSBUILD_BIN:2017=!"=="!MSBUILD_BIN!" set "MSBUILD_VERSION=15 2017"
if not "!MSBUILD_BIN:2015=!"=="!MSBUILD_BIN!" set "MSBUILD_VERSION=14 2015"
)

I didn't quite understand what the bolded command meant but when I deleted the not, as

if "!MSBUILD_BIN:2019=!"=="!MSBUILD_BIN!" set "MSBUILD_VERSION=16 2019"

It did set the right version.

Third, when I ran command prompt in Administrator mode, and ran the demo, it didn't prompt any error message, which got me puzzled, so I wrote the original post here. But when I ran both of them in Normal mode, it prompted an error message, the same as this post, and the method in that post helped! I compiled it in debug mode and it worked.

I still couldn't quite understand what happened in all these procedures. Debugging this really got me frustrated XD, but it was worth my while.

Thank you again!

0 Kudos
Max_L_Intel

Improvements were merged to GitHub master: https://github.com/openvinotoolkit/openvino/commit/298506fb14cc33c581d15bab2e357f374b58cd78

1. Passing parameters issue seems to be a consequence of cd call without option /d . --"Eventually I have managed to work it out or so"..
  2. Added  /d for cd calls*.*
  3. Improved Visual Studio version detection for a case if it installed to not default location
  4. Last one is the user environment issue:
    1.  The issue came from mixed Release and Debug Library and cldnn_global_custom_kernels.
    2. https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/articles/entry-point-__libm_sse2_cbrtf-could-not-be-located-in-libmmddll.html

Product was moved from Intel Compiler to Visual Studio by default, so we will not face with it in a future releases.

0 Kudos
Iffa_Intel

Glad to hear that you able to solve that problem!.

I'll make sure your points are noted.

Thanks & Have a great day ahead.

Sincerely,

Iffa

0 Kudos