Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6404 Discussions

OpenVino Installation error on Macbook Pro mid 2012

sarang_sonar
Beginner

After successfully installing Openvino version 2021.1 on my MacBook pro mid 2012, I am not able to run the jupyter notebooks and getting a import errors like 

from openvino.inference_engine import IENetwork, IECore
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'openvino'

I have checked the directory location of the installation of OpenVino and made it similar to the Anaconda directory. Even, after directly installing OpenVino in the same directory of Anaconda , this error persists.

Another type of error that I encountered, when I installed version 2020 was the IECore import error. 
I have also checked the same Jupyter notebook on the later versions of MacBook (2019), but still the error persists. I have tried installing Openvino directly in python, which also again gives different errors. The same issue doesn't happen in Windows installation. Please let me know what is the cause of this issue. I am also attaching the utils folder which is giving the errors because of the version incompatibility.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Victor_G_Intel
Employee

Hello sarang_sonar,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

Your query will be best answered by our Open VINO support team. We will help you to move this post to the designated team to further assist you.

Best regards,

Victor G

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
Iffa_Intel

Greetings,

You need to initialize the setupvars each time you open a new terminal. Unless you set it permanently to auto init once a terminal is opened.

The setupvars inits all pre-requisites required for openvino to work. So if you call the "from openvino.inference_engine import IENetwork" without the setupvars first, you will get that kind of error.

Here is the official documentation for MacOS: https://docs.openvinotoolkit.org/2021.3/openvino_docs_get_started_get_started_macos.html

Sincerely,

Iffa

0 Kudos
Iffa_Intel

Greetings,

Intel will no longer monitor this thread since we have provided a solution. If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question. 

Sincerely,

Iffa

0 Kudos