Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

OpenVino OpenCV compiled without FFMPEG on MacOS?

Poca__Ramon
Beginner

I have a running prototype on Ubuntu that does connect to a MJPEG camera using OpenVINO OpenCV. On MacOS it does not connect to it. Looks like OpenVino OpenCV is compiled without FFMPEG support. Is it so?

I've tried to compile OpenCV from source, branch 4.1.0-openvino, with ffmpeg, but it fails with:

/Users/.../opencv/modules/dnn/src/dnn.cpp:1714:45: error: no member named 'getConstantData' in 'InferenceEngine::Builder::Layer'
                auto& blobs = ieNode->layer.getConstantData();
                              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ^

Any hints or explanations?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Shubha_R_Intel
Employee

Dear Poca, Ramon, 

This particular forum is focused on Model Optimizer and Inference Engine. For OpenCV questions, your best bet would be to post in https://answers.opencv.org/questions/

Thanks !

Shubha

0 Kudos
Poca__Ramon
Beginner

Ok, I've succeeded in recompiling OpenCV with both FFMPEG and Inference Engine enabled:

cmake   -DWITH_INF_ENGINE=ON   -DENABLE_CXX11=ON -DINF_ENGINE_RELEASE=2019010001 .../path/to/opencv

The error was due to opencv defaulting to the 2018 version of Inference Engine.

0 Kudos
Shubha_R_Intel
Employee

Dear Poca, Ramon,

Congrats and thanks for reporting back here and informing the OpenVino community !

Shubha

0 Kudos