Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

OpenVino platform support for VCA2

Akash_K_
Beginner

Hi,

I am exploring openvino to see the what all things can done. Till now I have used openvino on Intel-i7 with integrated HD graphics system where I have used openvino along with Intel Media SDK. I am using Intel Media SDK for video transcoding on GPU and Video Analytics on CPU. However our end target platform is Intel-VCA2 cards. 

I have seen some of the openvino documents, which talks about the supported platforms and I didn't find anywhere "VCA cards" are mentioned. can I get some information regarding "The Support of OpenVino on Intel-VCA cards with fully GPU accelerated stack"?

Regards,
Akash

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Mark_L_Intel1

Hi Akash,

Sorry for the late response, we are very busy these days to pick up the customer request.

In general, VCA card likes a usual Intel GPU to OpenVIINO, so you should be able to install it as if it is other system.

Could you try it?

Mark

0 Kudos
Akash_K_
Beginner

Hi Mark,

I have already tried out "CPU+GPU" and my topology looks something like,

Input H264 -> Decode (using Media SDK on GPU) -> Bring data to CPU -> Do Analytics (Using openVino on CPU) -> Push Data to GPU -> Encode (using Media SDK on GPU)

My question is, "Is there a way for fully GPU accelerated Pipeline on VCA cards ?".

Akash

0 Kudos