Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6392 Discussions

Openvino does not detect Intel GPU in Ubuntu Docker

aamirkhann
Beginner

I am pretty new to this Openvino and Intel GPU world, I have pulled openvino/openvino_tensorflow_ubuntu18_runtime:2.0.0 docker image and when I run the OpenVINO_TensorFlow_classification_example.ipynb it only sees "CPU" when listing backends.

However, when running lspci -nn -s 0:002.0 inside the docker container it outputs:

00:02.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: Intel Corporation Xeon E3-1200 v3/4th Gen Core Processor Integrated Graphics Controller [8086:0412] (rev 06)
I have tried to run a simpler python script to only print the openvino backends but I keep getting only the CPU backend.

What am I missing here? Is my iGPU not compatible with OpenVino? Am I missing some driver or some kind of configuration?

My native OS is Debian11.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Peh_Intel

Hi aamirkhann,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

I also not able to launch the Jupyter server with iGPU access even though attached GPU to the container and installed the kernel driver on host machine.

We will investigate this issue and get back to you at the earliest.

Regards,

Peh

0 Kudos
Azizul_Intel

Hi aamirkhann,

Can you share your system configuration as below for further understanding and troubleshooting purposes.

1. CPU Info
  2. OCL Driver version for your GPU

BR,

Azizul

0 Kudos
Peh_Intel

Hi aamirkhann,

The reported issue has been resolved in OpenVINO runtime 2.1.0 as below:

docker pull openvino/openvino_tensorflow_ubuntu18_runtime:2.1.0

docker pull openvino/openvino_tensorflow_ubuntu20_runtime:2.1.0

tfruntime.jpg

This thread will no longer be monitored since this issue has been resolved. If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question.

Regards,

Peh

0 Kudos