Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

[Q]openvino with multiple movidius sticks

nick_h_1
Beginner

Hi there

For one just execute "xxx -d myriad" but anybody knows how to use multiple sticks in openvino??

thanks

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Monique_J_Intel
Employee

Hi Nick,

Yes, it's possible but with the current samples in the package you will have to edit the source files to pass "KEY_VPU_FORCE_RESET" parameter the value "NO" in SetConfig which would look like this:

ExecutableNetwork executable_network = plugin.LoadNetwork (network,  {InferenceEngine::SetConfig(KEY_VPU_FORCE_RESET, "NO")

This doesn't allow you to specifically say exactly what device it the network will load but the way it works is the network will be executed on the device with the least workload.

Kind Regards,

Monique Jones

0 Kudos
nick_h_1
Beginner
Hi Monique Thanks your feedback,is that means no Python version available?Or Intel has plan for Python in the future?
0 Kudos
nick_h_1
Beginner
Hi Monique Forgot to ask if there any example or guide for using “KEY_VPU_FORCE_RESET” B.R. Nick Hsiao
0 Kudos
nick_h_1
Beginner

Hi Monique

I got errors trying modify object_detection_demo_ssd_async sample code

object_detection_demo_ssd_async/main.cpp:192:67: error: ‘SetConfig’ is not a member of ‘InferenceEngine’
object_detection_demo_ssd_async/main.cpp:192:94: error: ‘KEY_VPU_FORCE_RESET’ was not declared in this scope

B.R.

Nick Hsiao

0 Kudos
Monique_J_Intel
Employee

Hi Nick,

If you are using the python inference engine api then it would be:

plugin = IEPlugin(device="CPU")
plugin.set_config({"VPU_FORCE_RESET": "NO"})

The guide for the Python Inference Engine API is here.

The in-package documentation has the C++ Inference Engine API in <INSTALL_DIR>/deployment_tools/documentation/docs/PluginMyriad.html where INSTALL_DIR is C:\intel\computer_vision_sdk*\ or /opt/intel/computer_vision_sdk/ depending on your OS.

Kind Regards,

Monique Jones

0 Kudos
Xin_Z_Intel
Employee

Jones, Monique (Intel) wrote:

plugin = IEPlugin(device="MYRIAD")
plugin.set_config({"KEY_VPU_FORCE_RESET": "NO"})

Hi Monique,

Shouldn't the device be "MYRIAD"?

And adding the second line to code, the following error message is shown:

Exception ignored in: 'inference_engine.ie_api.IEPlugin.set_config'
/teamcity/work/scoring_engine_build/releases_openvino-2018-r3/ie_bridges/python/inference_engine/ie_api_impl.cpp:249
RuntimeError: [NOT_FOUND] KEY_VPU_FORCE_RESET key is not exist

And for the CPP code after adding this option the code cannot compile.
As shown in error log I'm using 2018-R3 package. How can I make it work? Thanks.

0 Kudos
nick_h_1
Beginner

Hi all

I found plugin.set_config({"VPU_FORCE_RESET""NO"}) works,need to remove "KEY"

Nick Hsiao

0 Kudos
burlakin__vladimir

Hi Monique!

Please example or guide for using “KEY_VPU_FORCE_RESET” for c++

Vlad

0 Kudos
ABoch5
Beginner

Jones, Monique (Intel) wrote:

Hi Nick,

Yes, it's possible but with the current samples in the package you will have to edit the source files to pass "KEY_VPU_FORCE_RESET" parameter the value "NO" in SetConfig which would look like this:

ExecutableNetwork executable_network = plugin.LoadNetwork (network,  {InferenceEngine::SetConfig(KEY_VPU_FORCE_RESET, "NO")

This doesn't allow you to specifically say exactly what device it the network will load but the way it works is the network will be executed on the device with the least workload.

Kind Regards,

Monique Jones

I changed this line: https://github.com/opencv/open_model_zoo/blob/e458c1f0407d0303e36be4828bb963a67d6d050a/demos/object_detection_demo_yolov3_async/main.cpp#L284-L287

ExecutableNetwork network = plugin.LoadNetwork(netReader.getNetwork(), {}); 

to this:

ExecutableNetwork network = plugin.LoadNetwork(netReader.getNetwork(), { InferenceEngine::SetConfig(KEY_VPU_FORCE_RESET, "NO") } );

And I get this error:

0 Kudos