Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

R3 compilation error from MS VS 2015

liu__zhiqi
Beginner

I countered several issues when compiling samples under VS 2015: can anyone please help?

1.Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
Error MSB3491 Could not write lines to file "interactive_face_detection_sample.dir\Release\interact.A6BC213F.tlog\interactive_face_detection_sample.lastbuildstate". The specified path, file name, or both are too long. The fully qualified file name must be less than 260 characters, and the directory name must be less than 248 characters. interactive_face_detection_sample C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V140\Microsoft.CppBuild.targets 312 

2. Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
Error (active)  function "InferenceEngine::make_so_pointer<T>(const std::string &name) [with T=InferenceEngine::MKLDNNPlugin::IMKLDNNExtension]" (declared at line 173 of "c:\zhiqi_work\Intel_OpenVI\computer_vision_sdk_2018.3.343\deployment_tools\inference_engine\include\details\ie_so_pointer.hpp") cannot be referenced -- it is a deleted function crossroad_camera_sample c:\zhiqi_work\Intel_OpenVI\computer_vision_sdk_2018.3.343\deployment_tools\inference_engine\samples\crossroad_camera_sample\main.cpp 500 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Severine_H_Intel
Employee

Dear Zhiqi, 

this is a Windows issue as you can see in this stack overflow issue: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/11434206/visual-studio-unknown-build-error-the-fully-qualified-name-must-be-less-than-26 ;Path to your project is too long. Try to make it shorter and then recompile.

Best, 

Severine

0 Kudos
liu__zhiqi
Beginner

I installed the entire package under c:\zhiqi_work\Intel_OpenVI\, which is short. However, the package, when extracting, seems to create the computer_vision_xxx/xxx/xx by default. I can't remove these. The cmakelist also points to this.

In fact, trying to shorten the directory is the first step I tried. It just doesn't seem to help.

0 Kudos