Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6403 Discussions

[RUNTIME ERROR] symbol lookup error on starting.

alexandrepires5

Hello to everyone,

I have the following error trying to execute my custom application with openvino:

symbol lookup error: /opt/intel/openvino_2020.3.194/deployment_tools/inference_engine/lib/intel64/libinference_engine.so: undefined symbol: _ZN3tbb8internal13numa_topology4fillEPi

Executing this command: 

nm -D /opt/intel/openvino_2020.3.194/deployment_tools/inference_engine/lib/intel64/libinference_engine.so | grep _ZN3tbb8internal13numa_topology4fillEPi

I get the following: 

U _ZN3tbb8internal13numa_topology4fillEPi

My system is an Ubuntu 18.04 VM with an intel i7 6th gen, using openvino toolkit 2020.3. 

Any clue on why the symbol is undefined ? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
alexandrepires5

Hello Munes,

I didnt have anaconda installed or any virtual environment. OpenCV_DIR was pointing to the right direction after checking it with: 

printenv | grep OpenCV_DIR

And all the source was done, by editing .bashrc and adding the source. I checked and re-checked my variables. Nothing out of the ordinary. 

I fixed it by reinstalling my VM and installing openvino first. From there, I had no problems whatsoever. It was some path conflict but I couldnt find it.  

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Munesh_Intel

Hi Alexandre Pires,

I would suggest you try one of the following:

·      Ensure that your environment OpenCV_DIR is pointing to the OpenVINO version of OpenCV (/opt/intel/openvino_2020.3.194/opencv/cmake).

This gets exported by the setupvars script, which sets your environment variables. If you do not setup for .bashrc script (to permanently set the environment variables), you'll have to setup every time for each terminal.

·      If you have Anaconda installed in your system, please try reinstalling Anaconda as some community members have mentioned it as a workaround.

Regards,

Munesh

0 Kudos
alexandrepires5

Hello Munes,

I didnt have anaconda installed or any virtual environment. OpenCV_DIR was pointing to the right direction after checking it with: 

printenv | grep OpenCV_DIR

And all the source was done, by editing .bashrc and adding the source. I checked and re-checked my variables. Nothing out of the ordinary. 

I fixed it by reinstalling my VM and installing openvino first. From there, I had no problems whatsoever. It was some path conflict but I couldnt find it.  

0 Kudos
Munesh_Intel

Hi Alexandre Pires,

Thank you for sharing your solution with our OpenVINO community.

Regards,

Munesh

0 Kudos