Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

Realtime load monitoring

Ammar_Z_Intel
Employee

Hi,

I am running some applications that uses Myriad X VPU, and I was wondering how to monitor the VPU load in realtime, similar to what I can do with nvidia-smi when I run a similar inferecing on GPU.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
JesusE_Intel

Hi Ammar,

The card included in the kit should work with the HDDL and the MYRIAD Plugin as well. You should be able to see device utilization if you use the HDDL plugin. Just follow the steps for Intel® Vision Accelerator Design with Intel® Movidius™ VPUs. Before starting the hddldaemon, modify the hddl_service.config file in ${HDDL_INSTALL_DIR}/config/ and update change "device_snapshot_mode": "none", to "device_snapshot_mode": "full".

Start the ${HDDL_INSTALL_DIR}/bin/hddldaemon in a new window and run your application with -d HDDL from another window. 

The following YouTubevideo walks you though the process, however, it's for an older release and some parts may have changed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyBvFF_z8Sw

Regards,

Jesus

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JesusE_Intel

Hi Ammar,

Which device with the Intel Movidius Myriad X VPU are you using? It is not possible if you are using the Intel(r) Neural Compute Stick 2 with the MYRIAD Plugin. It may be possible with the HDDL plugin but I will need to verify.

Regards,

Jesus

0 Kudos
Ammar_Z_Intel
Employee

It's the M.2 VPU in the Aaeon UP2 AI kit. I believe it's still identified as a MYRIAD device, and not HDDL? Does that mean there is no way to measure performance?

0 Kudos
JesusE_Intel

Hi Ammar,

The card included in the kit should work with the HDDL and the MYRIAD Plugin as well. You should be able to see device utilization if you use the HDDL plugin. Just follow the steps for Intel® Vision Accelerator Design with Intel® Movidius™ VPUs. Before starting the hddldaemon, modify the hddl_service.config file in ${HDDL_INSTALL_DIR}/config/ and update change "device_snapshot_mode": "none", to "device_snapshot_mode": "full".

Start the ${HDDL_INSTALL_DIR}/bin/hddldaemon in a new window and run your application with -d HDDL from another window. 

The following YouTubevideo walks you though the process, however, it's for an older release and some parts may have changed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyBvFF_z8Sw

Regards,

Jesus

0 Kudos