Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6404 Discussions

Red Hat RHEL8 cannot build/run any programs

Kobu_Intel
Employee

Hi,
On RHEL8, OpenVINO2021.3 installation was successfully done.
However, following error occurs when running setupvars.sh.

Why these directories/files are not created?

/opt/intel/openvino_2021/deployment_tools/inference_engine/lib/ does not exist.
Can not find OpenVINO Python binaries by path /opt/intel/openvino_2021/python

I'm good in Ubuntu & Windows, I'm preparing Red Hat env for an event in WK21.
thanks a lot,
BR/Kobu

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Peh_Intel

Hi Kobu,

Greetings to you.

Are you trying to install Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit for Linux on RHEL 8? I also faced the same issue as you by doing this. Please note that Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit for Linux only supports for Ubuntu, CentOs and Yocto Project only.

For now, you can get OpenVINO Red Hat UBI-based image on Quay.io or Red Hat Ecosystem Catalog Registries.

Regards,

Peh

0 Kudos
Kobu_Intel
Employee

Hi Peh,

Thanks a lot, as Redhat is in the 2021.3 CPU support OS in Release Note, I assumed it works.

Yes, Container Runtime works, though no demo is packaged.

thanks a lot,

BR/Kobu

0 Kudos
Peh_Intel

Hi Kobu,

For your information, OpenVINO™ 2021.2 start to introduce support for Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 8.2 in runtime package. Have a look under the section “New and Changed in the Release 2” in the Release Note.

This runtime package does not include the Open Model Zoo demo applications. You can download them separately from Open Model Zoo GitHub repository. Besides, this runtime package also does not include Model Optimizer as well.  It is the same for the docker container as well.

For Intel pre-trained models, you may download directly from this storage: https://storage.openvinotoolkit.org/repositories/open_model_zoo/2021.3/models_bin/2/

For Intel public models, you need to install Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit in the host machine to convert models into Intermediate Representation (IR) and then transfer IR files to RHEL machine.

Below are the instructions to download the runtime package for RHEL 8:

1. wget https://storage.openvinotoolkit.org/repositories/openvino/packages/2021.3/l_openvino_toolkit_runtime_rhel8_p_2021.3.394.tgz

2. tar xvzf l_openvino_toolkit_runtime_rhel8_p_2021.3.394.tgz

3. cd l_openvino_toolkit_runtime_rhel8_p_2021.3.394/install_dependencies/

4. sudo -E install_openvino_dependencies.sh

5. cd ../python

6. sudo python3 -m pip install -r requirements.txt

7. source ../bin/setupvars.sh

Regards,

Peh

0 Kudos
Peh_Intel

Hi Kobu,

This thread will no longer be monitored since we have provided solution. If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question.

Regards,

Peh

0 Kudos