Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6403 Discussions

Return Codes from dispatcherEventReceive()

idata
Employee

Hi there,

Just wondering what the return codes signify in the dispatcherEventReceive function. Currently, I can load a graph file generated using the mvNCCompile tool, but calling the allocate_with_fifos function causes the script to hang after returning the message:

dispatcherEventReceive() Read failed -4

Using 2.05.00.02 of the NCSDK, in a Virtual Box environment running Ubuntu 18.04. The hello_ncs.py sample works fine, as do other examples

Many thanks..

0 Kudos
7 Replies
idata
Employee

In this case, the return codes passed back are generated from a call to the libusb_bulk_transfer function. The error codes can be found here:

http://libusb.sourceforge.net/api-1.0/group__misc.html

An error of -4 suggests "no such device (it may have been disconnected)"

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

@Jay We are aware of this issue and are looking into them. So far it looks like there are multiple networks that cause the error mentioned above. I'll keep you updated as soon as we have a solution.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thanks @Tome_at_Intel .. for what its worth, the issue went away when I added back in some dropout layers I'd removed earlier, and recompiled the graph. I thought they wouldn't have an effect, but perhaps they are related to this issue..

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

@Jay That is interesting. Thanks for the data point. Can you provide your network for testing?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

If I can reproduce it next week, I'll send on the network @Tome_at_Intel

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi @Tome_at_Intel

I hit this issue again today with a different network. This time it made no difference whether or not the Dropout layers were present - the graph file is generated successfully from the mvNCCompile tool, but the device seems to disconnect when setting up the fifo queues. I left a copy of everything here: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AosBHN3IHTLWhrAUKvYf1fSnzFxBzA

If you have any thoughts or suggestions, do let me know!

Many thanks..

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

@Jay Hi, thanks for providing the files. We're working on a release candidate that may address some of these hang issues. Thanks for your patience and understanding.

0 Kudos