Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6392 Discussions

Tensorflow Detection object with Raspberry pi + NCS2

idata
Employee

Hi.

Thanks to this tutorial I was able to detection object with raspberry. (https://github.com/EdjeElectronics/TensorFlow-Object-Detection-on-the-Raspberry-Pi)

but now i have NCS2, i need to do something to be able to run on it.

I had read the tensorflow manual on NCS but it didn't match NCS2

Thank you.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi @thienuittc

If you're using the NCS2, the software kit that you'll use is OpenVINO. The openVINO toolkit can be installed on the Raspberry Pi 3, and here are the instructions. At the end of the instructions, there is a sample python script for face detection with OpenCV and the pre-trained face detection model. There are other pre-trained models included with the OpenVINO toolkit that can be used with your project. Here is a helpful blog about how to create an Object Detection program using the NCS2, OpenVINO and a Raspberry Pi. Here is another blog that might be useful to you.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Best Regards,

Sahira
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi.

Thank you for all.

But I’m using tensorflow, so now what should I do to be able to use it on NCS2

I will wait for your response.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Open VINO is what you would use to convert from a Tensorflow graph to one that is compatible with the NCS2, how did you train your model?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi @thienuittc

If you're using a Tensorflow model, you're going to use OpenVINO to perform inference on the NCS2. There are a couple steps you have to take before you can deploy your model onto the NCS2, You'll use the model optimizer to ultimately convert your tensorflow .pb model (.xml & .bin files) to an Intermediate Representation (IR) version. You can find the full instructions here.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Best Regards,

Sahira
0 Kudos