Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6404 Discussions

Tensorflow fails on Ubuntu and Raspbian

idata
Employee

The ncsdk is failing due to tensorflow not installing on both Ubuntu 16.05 and Raspbian

On Ubuntu, the entire ncsdk simply failed, but in Raspbian, it will install, but I get a message that the tensorflow is not supported. It seems that the rest of the ncsdk looks like it installed but, not the tensorflow part

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "./inception-v3.py", line 4, in

import tensorflow as tf

ImportError: No module named 'tensorflow'

Makefile:41: recipe for target 'weights' failed

make[3]: *** [weights] Error 1

make[3]: Leaving directory '/home/pi/workspace/ncsdk/examples/tensorflow/inception_v3'

Makefile:12: recipe for target 'inception_v3/.' failed

make[2]: *** [inception_v3/.] Error 2

make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/pi/workspace/ncsdk/examples/tensorflow'

Makefile:12: recipe for target 'tensorflow/.' failed

make[1]: *** [tensorflow/.] Error 2

make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/pi/workspace/ncsdk/examples'

Makefile:57: recipe for target 'examples' failed

make: *** [examples] Error 2

I can go back to Ubuntu or keep using Raspbian. The Raspbian error looked less critical, whereas the Ubuntu error looked more critical

I'm currently trying to force the install of tensorflow by itself in Raspbian, but I'd welcome a better alternative, as Ubuntu 16.04 was what was suggested in the Movius website

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

@Spyder Hi, which version of the NCSDK are you using? Can you try installing TensorFlow manually using pip3 install tensorflow==<VERSION>? If it is possible for you to manually install TensorFlow on your machine, you can edit the ncsdk.conf file and change the INSTALL_TENSORFLOW=yes flag to INSTALL_TENSORFLOW=no. For NCSDK v 2.05, it installs with TensorFlow 1.7 so you would have to use pip3 install tensorflow==1.7. With NCSDK 1.12, the NCSDK installs TensorFlow version 1.4 so pip3 install tensorflow==1.4.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I was using NCSDK2 as per the Intel install instructions, and, as I said, I tried both Ubuntu and Raspbian, but I'm open to suggestions, and happy to start completely over with a different OS

In the suggestions you made, which do you recommend as a starting point ? Ubuntu or Raspbian ?

0 Kudos