Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6404 Discussions

The HDDL-R8 accelerator card has a very low usage rate when running the official demo.

kman066
Beginner

Hi:

I am Kman.When i use the HDDL-R8 accelerator card to run the official demo.The fps are very low,and it showed a very low "util%". This phenomenon is very metaphysical.My hardware configuration is as follows:

CPU: i3  8145UE
Vision Accelerator Card: hddl-R8
OpenVINO:2020.4

微信图片_20200816201639.jpg

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Max_L_Intel

Hi @WU__Tianwen 

That might depend on different settings and exact hardware that you test, but generally that should not be the case. We have very limited performance benchmark results, but there you can see that Vision Accelerator Design with VPUs (HDDL) shows higher performance for "Throughput" section for FP16 comparing even to Core i7 for INT8 precision.
Usually we recommend to use Benchmark App within OpenVINO package to measure the performance.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
XFR1998
Beginner

fxxk!!! I have the same problem as u.......I need help

0 Kudos
Max_L_Intel

Hi @kman066 

It might be sufficient for your application and model to utilize this amount of HDDL card resources to parallelize the execution as much as possible.
Also, it is recommended to have at minimum 32 inference requests in flight to fully saturate the device. See Request-Based API and “GetBlob” Idiom and Benchmark App Sample (-nireq parameter) for more information.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
WU__Tianwen
New Contributor I

Hello,@Max_L_Intel !

I also do some test on HDDL-R8.https://github.com/TNTWEN/OpenVINO-YOLOV4/issues/5 

In YOLO video test,It seems that the speed of HDDL-R8 is slower than intel GPU.Is this normal? I wonder if this is the limit of hddlr8's performance

Thanks a lot!

0 Kudos
Max_L_Intel

Hi @WU__Tianwen 

That might depend on different settings and exact hardware that you test, but generally that should not be the case. We have very limited performance benchmark results, but there you can see that Vision Accelerator Design with VPUs (HDDL) shows higher performance for "Throughput" section for FP16 comparing even to Core i7 for INT8 precision.
Usually we recommend to use Benchmark App within OpenVINO package to measure the performance.

0 Kudos
Max_L_Intel

This thread will no longer be monitored since we have provided our suggestions. If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question.

0 Kudos