Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

Two models in a neural compute stick2

idata
Employee

I'm working on implementing inference codes of two models which are optimized by OpenVINO with one neural compute stick2.

I wrote some codes referring python sample codes which are provided with OpenVINO. The directory is like this /intel/openvino/inference_engine/samples/python_samples

1 detector_bin = os.path.splitext(detector_path)[0] + ".bin"

2 plugin_detector = IEPlugin(device="MYRIAD")

3 net_detector = IENetwork(model=detector_path, weights=detector_bin)

4 self.detector = plugin_detector.load(network=net_detector)

6 skeleton_bin = os.path.splitext(skeleton_path)[0] + ".bin"

7 plugin_skeleton = IEPlugin(device="MYRIAD")

8 net_skeleton = IENetwork(model=skeleton_path, weights=skeleton_bin)

9 self.skeleton = plugin_skeleton.load(network=net_skeleton)

[Error messages]

self.skeleton = plugin_skeleton.load(network=net_skeleton)

File "ie_api.pyx", line 395, in openvino.inference_engine.ie_api.IEPlugin.load

File "ie_api.pyx", line 406, in openvino.inference_engine.ie_api.IEPlugin.load

RuntimeError: Can not init USB device: NC_ERROR

In the first part 1~4 where the first model is being mounted, there is no problem.

But in the second part 6~9 where the second model is being mounted, it causes an error.

Is there any way to mount two models at the same time in a neural compute stick2 ???

P.S

I googled it and I found this discussion. https://ncsforum.movidius.com/discussion/795/can-i-run-more-than-one-models-with-one-stick

In that discussion, Tome_at_Intel gave a link. https://github.com/movidius/ncappzoo/blob/ncsdk2/apps/birds/birds.py

But I am familiar with OpenVINO. Isn't there a sample code for using two models in a neural compute stick2 with OpenVINO??

Thank you for reading my questions!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi @SamuelShin

Yes, OpenVINO has samples that run multiple models one 1 NCS sequentially. The interactive_face_detection_demo is one sample that can handle multiple models. We also have more sample programs that handle multiple models. Take a look at them here. Here is a python example created by one of our NCS community members that loads multiple models one one NCS.

Please let me know if you have any further questions!

Sincerely,

Sahira
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you so much @Sahira_at_Intel

I solved the problem referring the python example you mentioned.

And I got to know that my codes were flawed because I made IEPlugin(device="MYRIAD") instance again at line 7 in my codes.

If I change the line 7 like "plugin_skeleton = plugin_detector",

the above codes run well.

Anyway, thank you again @Sahira_at_Intel

Best regards,

Samuel Shin
0 Kudos