Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

Ubuntu 16.04 ImportError

Fadeev__Andrey
Beginner

Hello,
just fresh installed openvino on AWS EC2 (Deep Learning AMI, c5.xlarge) instance through apt according to the doc. My single-line python script fails with the following output:

python openvino_test.py 
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "openvino_test.py", line 1, in <module>
    from openvino.inference_engine import IENetwork, IECore
  File "/opt/intel/openvino_2019.2.242/python/python3.6/openvino/inference_engine/__init__.py", line 1, in <module>
    from .ie_api import *
ImportError: /opt/intel/openvino_2019.2.242/python/python3.6/openvino/inference_engine/ie_api.so: undefined symbol: PyFPE_jbuf

How can I fix it? Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Shubha_R_Intel
Employee

Dear Fadeev, Andrey

We just released OpenVino 2019R3 so please upgrade. But most probably your issue is that you're calling python2 not python3. Replace :

python openvino_test.py

with

python3 openvino_test.py

Hope it helps,

Thanks,

Shubha

0 Kudos
Fadeev__Andrey
Beginner

Shubha, thanks for reply!
Unfortunately it doesn't help much. I just tried one more time with new instance and fresh install.

- installing through apt according to doc gives me version 2:

ls /opt/intel/
openvino  openvino_2019.2.242

- explicit python3 produces same output:

python3 openvino_test.py 
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "openvino_test.py", line 1, in <module>
    from openvino.inference_engine import IENetwork, IECore
  File "/opt/intel/openvino_2019.2.242/python/python3.6/openvino/inference_engine/__init__.py", line 1, in <module>
    from .ie_api import *
ImportError: /opt/intel/openvino_2019.2.242/python/python3.6/openvino/inference_engine/ie_api.so: undefined symbol: PyFPE_jbuf

Some additional info. I tried non-apt install through unpacking tgz (latest ver. 3) and it gives me same error on those EC2 instances (same AMI and hardware configuration). But it works just fine on my pc and laptop... I think this case could be interesting for both Openvino and AWS users. I will test it more on other software / hardware AWS configs in any case on Monday. Feel free to provide any insights on this.

0 Kudos
Fadeev__Andrey
Beginner

Hello,

It works well with Ubuntu Server 18.04. So, the problem was not related to Openvino, but to AWS Deep Learning AMI.

0 Kudos
Shubha_R_Intel
Employee

Dear Fadeev, Andrey,

Glad to hear that the issue was not related to OpenVino. Thanks for sharing your progress with the OpenVino community !

Shubha

0 Kudos