Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6402 Discussions

Usage of NCS to deploy custom processing applications

idata
Employee

Hi,

I'm on a research project and we are thinking on the usage of Myriad X VPU to perform our operations, as the SHAVE cores contain complex number logic and Fast Fourier Transform (FFT) processing blocks.

The idea of the process blocks is to get some date X, perform several FFTs and multiplications and then push some data back to the main processor.

I've not been able to find any reference (maybe it is not possible??) of chaning the NCS core to run custom code instead of using it as a neural accelerator.

In case that it is not possible, would it be feasible to use a Myriad X VPU dev. kit (i.e. up-board??) to implement such kind of application?

Thanks

Juan
0 Kudos
1 Reply
idata
Employee

Hi @juan0fran

The Neural Compute Stick was design for rapid prototyping and deploying deep neural network inference applications.

What you are trying to accomplish is not possible with the Neural Compute SDK or the OpenVINO Toolkit.

Hope this answers your question.

Regards,

Jesus
0 Kudos