Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6403 Discussions

Using OpenVinotoolkit with Anaconda Environment on windows 10

DeepakMahtani25

Hi Good day,

I recently created a new environment on Anaconda and installed the OpenVinotool kit using 

conda install openvino-ie4py -c intel

I want to run a command-line application on the local PC. I went to the directory on my local PC where it was installed and am looking for the folder deployment_tools so I can access the inference_engine and CPU extension. However, I do not see them. How do I access or obtain the deployment tools in Anaconda.?

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Iffa_Intel

1.After completed these 4 installation:

1. Microsoft Visual Studio* with C++ 2019 or 2017 with MSBuild ( I recommend 2019)
  2. CMake 2.8.12 or higher 64-bit (ensure that this added to your system's path)
  3. Python 3.5 - 3.7 64-bit ( I recommend 3.6)
  4.  Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit core components (2020.4 is the latest)

2.Go to search, find Anaconda prompt.

3.create a virtual env : conda create --name <wtevr>

4.conda activate <wtevr>

In this environment, proceed:

FYI: Follow this guide: https://docs.openvinotoolkit.org/latest/openvino_docs_install_guides_installing_openvino_windows.html

5.Set the Environment Variables (refer to guide above)

6.Option 1: Configure the Model Optimizer for all supported frameworks at the same time (refer to guide above)--in here you need to run model optimizer prerequisite installation

cd C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\openvino\deployment_tools\model_optimizer\install_prerequisites

install_prerequisites.bat

(refer to guide above)

7.Verification Scripts to Verify Your Installation (refer to guide above)

8.Optional Steps (refer to guide above)

Please help to carefully read and follow the guide that I gave as everything is in there

Sincerely,

Iffa

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Iffa_Intel

Greetings,

I recommend you to get the pre-requisite in your system first:

1. Microsoft Visual Studio* with C++ 2019 or 2017 with MSBuild ( I recommend 2019)
  2. CMake 2.8.12 or higher 64-bit (ensure that this added to your system's path)
  3. Python 3.5 - 3.7 64-bit ( I recommend 3.6)
  4.  Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit core components (2020.4 is the latest)

After you got these in your environment, you can start using Anaconda.

1. create a virtual env : conda create --name <wtevr>
  2. conda activate <wtevr>
  3. then proceed the next steps of installation here

conda cheat sheet: https://docs.conda.io/projects/conda/en/4.6.0/_downloads/52a95608c49671267e40c689e0bc00ca/conda-cheatsheet.pdf

This is Openvino official documentation that shows step by step installation process: https://docs.openvinotoolkit.org/latest/openvino_docs_install_guides_installing_openvino_windows.html

All the best & hope this helps!

Sincerely,

Iffa

DeepakMahtani25

@Iffa_Intel 

Thank you for the reply. 

I am running Python3.7is that ok? 

Ah ok thanks. I set up the first part of the Openvino toolkit already and already have the anaconda environment made.

The 3rd step above in your response. What installation are you referring to in completing? Because I have not done the additional steps of the installation of Openvino yet like set environment variables and etc. Please just shed some light on that. 

Much appreciated!

Thanks for the help in advance!

0 Kudos
Iffa_Intel

you can proceed to setting the environment steps and so on in your anaconda cmd.

Please take note that you need to be in the virtual env (conda create --name <wtevr>) that you created each time you want to use Openvino, since you had done the install_prerequisites.bat in there.

Python 3.7 should be fine since it is supported.

Hope this helps!

Sincerely,

Iffa

DeepakMahtani25

Ok wait you kind of lost me here.

Ok so let me run through what I have done so far, I installed the steps as you mentioned as follows:

- Microsoft Visual Studio

- Cmake

-Python

- OpenVino

I installed the Openvino in another location. I  only did the first part I still have Not done the additional settings. 

My doubt is When and what do I start installing things in the anaconda environment and how? If I have already done the first Intel installation already. Could you please just clarify this? If you could tell me the steps from installing the prerequisites with a little more detail. I would appreciate that. 

0 Kudos
Iffa_Intel

1.After completed these 4 installation:

1. Microsoft Visual Studio* with C++ 2019 or 2017 with MSBuild ( I recommend 2019)
  2. CMake 2.8.12 or higher 64-bit (ensure that this added to your system's path)
  3. Python 3.5 - 3.7 64-bit ( I recommend 3.6)
  4.  Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit core components (2020.4 is the latest)

2.Go to search, find Anaconda prompt.

3.create a virtual env : conda create --name <wtevr>

4.conda activate <wtevr>

In this environment, proceed:

FYI: Follow this guide: https://docs.openvinotoolkit.org/latest/openvino_docs_install_guides_installing_openvino_windows.html

5.Set the Environment Variables (refer to guide above)

6.Option 1: Configure the Model Optimizer for all supported frameworks at the same time (refer to guide above)--in here you need to run model optimizer prerequisite installation

cd C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\openvino\deployment_tools\model_optimizer\install_prerequisites

install_prerequisites.bat

(refer to guide above)

7.Verification Scripts to Verify Your Installation (refer to guide above)

8.Optional Steps (refer to guide above)

Please help to carefully read and follow the guide that I gave as everything is in there

Sincerely,

Iffa

0 Kudos
Iffa_Intel

Greetings,

Intel will no longer monitor this thread since this issue has been resolved. If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question.

Sincerely,

Iffa

0 Kudos