Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

What setupvars really do ?

S_Kom__Kamil
Beginner

I read the setupvars.bat script and it looks like it just update the path environment variable to include the location of many dll files that needed by openvino. But I don't understand this line

set "InferenceEngine_DIR=%INTEL_OPENVINO_DIR%\deployment_tools\inference_engine\share"

This environment variable is not used in the subsequent script so why set it up ? is it used by any of the dll ?

The reason I want figure out what setupvars do is because I want to send my app to other members of my team and I don't want to require them to install openvino and mucking around with environment variables. I hope I can just send them the .exe, the relevant dlls and the model and it will run in their computer.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
S_Kom__Kamil
Beginner

I copy the contents of inference_engine/bin, the necessary opencv dll, tbb dll and ngraph dll in the same folder with the exe file and it runs ok without initializing setupvars. I try it with hello_query_device, classification_sample_async and security_barrier_camera_demo.

I guess that's how we can distribute our application to others.

0 Kudos
Gerald
Beginner

Kamil is right, this should work. If you want to use the GPU or a Myriad you also have to copy the plugin related files like plugins.xml.

0 Kudos
SerkanUygungelen
Employee

Hi Kamil,

You can also try OpenVINO™ Deployment Manager Guide (https://docs.openvinotoolkit.org/latest/_docs_install_guides_deployment_manager_tool.html) that creates a package with the associated dependencies for target devices. This way you do not need to add dlls manually. The only restrition is that the target device should have the same OS as the host OS on which you are creating the package.

0 Kudos