Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6462 Discussions

Which resources efficiency used by the OpenVINO inference process can be measured?

OronG13
Beginner

Hello,

I am a junior OpenVINO C++ user

I am interesting to know if I can measure resources efficiency which used by the OpenVINO inference process such as:

• Device RAM consumed by the model
  • CPU RAM consumed by the model
  • Power consumed by the inference process
  • Consumed time since Onnx loading till inference is ready to be actives
  • etc.

Are any one of the OpenVINO type such as ov::Core, ov::CompiledModel etc. provide queries APIs for these kinds of metrics?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Wan_Intel

Hi OronG13,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

OpenVINO API allows you to handle the models, load and configure Inference Engine plugins based on device names, and perform inference in synchronous and asynchronous modes with arbitrary number of infer requests.

We regret to tell you that OpenVINO API does not provide functions to measure resources efficiency. If you are using Windows 10, you may observe device and CPU RAM usage in Windows Performance Monitor.

On another note, to estimate deep learning inference performance on supported devices, you may use OpenVINO Benchmark C++ Tool. Hope it helps.

Regards,

Wan

0 Kudos
OronG13
Beginner

Thank you Wan,

Baseon your knowlege,

For CPU device RAM usage it is clear.

But, is there a way to measure for iGPU, GPU, VPU, CPU power consumption in order to measure W per frame metric?

And model memory consumed size (after model optimization) for all devices excpet CPU?

I will learn the Benchmark C++ tool, thanks.

Regards,,

0 Kudos
Wan_Intel

Hi OronG13,

As for now, we are sorry to tell you that there are no functions from OpenVINO API that could measure power consumption and model memory-sized consumption for integrated GPU, GPU, VPU, and CPU.

However, there are third-party open source libraries that are able to do it.

Regards,

Wan

0 Kudos
Wan_Intel

Hi OronG13,

Thanks for your question.

This thread will no longer be monitored since we have provided information. 

If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question.

Best regards,

Wan

0 Kudos