Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

error while converting mxnet model

pkhan10
New Contributor I

hello i am trying to convert mxnet  model
i guess some topology are not supported

script used to convert model

python mo_mxnet.py --input_model /media/prateek/prateek_space/model_files/helmet_n_vest/external/models/openvino/mobilenet1.0-0000.params -o ~/prateek_space/model_files/openvino_model/ --input_symbol /media/prateek/prateek_space/model_files/helmet_n_vest/external/models/openvino/mobilenet1.0-symbol.json

ERROR:-

Operation '_arange' not supported. Please register it as custom op. 
 For more information please refer to Model Optimizer FAQ (https://docs.openvinotoolkit.org/latest/_docs_MO_DG_prepare_model_Model_Optimizer_FAQ.html), question #86. 
Unexpected exception happened during extracting attributes for node yolov30_yolooutputv30__mulscalar2.
Original exception message: Operation '_arange' not supported. Please register it as custom op.

Can you help me..how do I go about converting this model?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Gouveia__César
New Contributor I

This is weird because '_arange' layer/operation is mentioned on the supported operations for MXNet (https://docs.openvinotoolkit.org/latest/_docs_MO_DG_prepare_model_Supported_Frameworks_Layers.html). What version of OpenVINO are you running? (R1, R2, R3?)

0 Kudos
pkhan10
New Contributor I

hello 
I am using openvino_2019.3.376

0 Kudos
JAIVIN_J_Intel
Employee

Hi Prateek,

The latest version of OpenVINO(2019_R3.1) is openvino_2019.3.379. Please confirm that you are using this version because the '_arange' MXNet* symbol is not supported on any previous versions.

If the issue still persist on the latest version, can you share your model and necessary files for me to replicate this? If required, I can sent you a PM to share the model privately.

Thank you,

Jaivin 

0 Kudos
pkhan10
New Contributor I

So i tried downloading again,
this is the download file from openvino..
its still 2019.3.376
Can you share download url of .379 version, is it available in  india region?Screenshot from 2020-01-29 23-13-54.png

0 Kudos
pkhan10
New Contributor I

Are you working on windows based system?
that could be one of the reason for different version number

model files:-https://drive.google.com/open?id=1lOA3UEO3mz5eeWHlHV0zS-smfxDEBE5w

its yolo3 with depth .25 on mobilenet backbone its external model..
i only have param file. 

0 Kudos
JAIVIN_J_Intel
Employee

Hi,

To convert an MXNet* model using Model Optimizer, there should be both model-file-symbol.json and model-file-0000.params in the specified file format.

On the command you mentioned to convert the model, the required files are used in expected file format. Can you provide the same?

Also, you are right! For Linux, openvino_2019.3.376 is the latest version. 

Thank you,

Jaivin

0 Kudos