Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6392 Discussions

hi I am using NCS2 and running demos of Ncappzoo and I am getting error "Please initiate the Intel OpenVINO environment by going to the installation directory for openvino and running the setupvars.sh file in the bin folder.

tmazh
Beginner

hi I am using NCS2 and running demos of Ncappzoo and I am getting error "Please initiate the Intel OpenVINO environment by going to the installation directory for openvino and running the setupvars.sh file in the bin folder. Makefile:80: recipe for target"

please provide the steps to take and code to solve the problem thanks

0 Kudos
10 Replies
JAVIERJOSE_A_Intel

Hi tmazh, 

Thanks for reaching out.  You can set the environment variables running the following command: 

source <OpenVINO Installation Dir>/bin/setupvars.sh 

The installation and setup guides teach you how to set your environment variables depending on your Operative System. 

You can find the guides at the following link: 

https://software.intel.com/en-us/openvino-toolkit/documentation/get-started 

Regards,  

Javier A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

A Contingent Worker at Intel 

0 Kudos
tmazh
Beginner
0 Kudos
JAVIERJOSE_A_Intel

Hi tmazh, 

Thank you for your response. In order to help you, could you please answer some question that we have for you: 

Which version of the OpenVINO™ Toolkit are you using? 

What Operative System do you have? 

Did you clone the master branch of the GitHub repository? 

Regards,  

Javier A.  

0 Kudos
tmazh
Beginner

using 2019 R3.1 latest version on linux and i did clone the github repository by doing the command git clone https://github.com/movidius/ncappzoo.git

0 Kudos
JAVIERJOSE_A_Intel

Hi tmazh, 

Thank you for the information that you provided to us. Can you specify the Linux distribution that you are using? 

If you have any additional details about your setup that may help us to replicate the issue, please feel free to share it with us. 

Regards,  

Javier A.  

Intel Customer Support Technician  

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
JAVIERJOSE_A_Intel

Hi tmazh, 

I hope you are doing well.  

I am contacting you to give a follow up on this thread. Could you please answer my previous message to assist you? 

Regards, 

Javier A. 

Intel Customer Support Technician 

A Contingent Worker at Intel 

0 Kudos
tmazh
Beginner

hi,

i have to use cat vs dogs data set from kaggle link is below

https://www.kaggle.com/xtianvillaruz/cats-and-dogs-with-cnn-tensorflow

using neural stick need some guidance.

Thanks

0 Kudos
JAVIERJOSE_A_Intel

Hi tmazh, 

The Intel® Neural Compute Stick 2 and the OpenVINO™ toolkit are only used for deployment. You will need to train a model in Tensorflow with the dataset. Once you have a trained network, you can use the model optimizer to convert your .pb file to the IR format for inference on the Intel® NCS 2. 

You can find more information about the model optimizer on the following link: 

https://docs.openvinotoolkit.org/latest/_docs_MO_DG_Deep_Learning_Model_Optimizer_DevGuide.html 

If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask. 

Regards, 

Javier A. 

0 Kudos
JAVIERJOSE_A_Intel

Hi tmazh, 

I am contacting you to give a follow up on this thread. Could you please tell me if you were able to use the Intel® Neural Compute Stick 2 successfully? 

If there is anything else we can help you with, do not hesitate to contact us again. 

Regards, 

Javier A. 

0 Kudos
tmazh
Beginner

Hi,

thanks will get back to you once have any questions.

0 Kudos