Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.
6403 Discussions

intel-openvino-ie-samples RPM missing from YUM repository

PatL
Beginner

I configured installation from the OpenVINO YUM repository by following the instructions at:

Install Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit for Linux* Using YUM Repository — OpenVINO™ documentation

When, per the instructions, I run "yum list intel-openvino*" to get a list of packages, I see lots of OpenVINO RPMs. And installing these RPMs via yum works. So I believe I have followed the instructions correctly.

However, I do not see the intel-openvino-ie-samples RPM in the list, and in fact it does not appear to be present in the repository. This RPM contains code samples as well as the handy "benchmark_app.py" tool.

Could you please add the intel-openvino-ie-samples RPM to the YUM repository? Thanks!

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Iffa_Intel

Hi,

before proceeding further, could you clarify which OS are you using?

Note that the OS required for this OpenVINO installation using YUM is CentOS 7.6, 64-bit

Sincerely,

Iffa

0 Kudos
PatL
Beginner

I am using CentOS 7.6, 64-bit.

To be clear, here are the steps to reproduce:

First, follow the instructions under "Set Up The Repository" at https://docs.openvino.ai/latest/openvino_docs_install_guides_installing_openvino_yum.html

Next, follow the instructions under "To list available OpenVINO packages" in the same document; i.e., run "yum list intel-openvino*".

Observe that there is no "intel-openvino-ie-samples" package in the list, because someone forgot to include it.

0 Kudos
Iffa_Intel

@PatL ,

I had checked the OpenVINO files and I found the same result as yours.

I installed the runtime version to see the things inside but as you said, I couldn't find the samples including Benchmark App.

Next, I tried to look into the model optimizer and open model zoo packages. However, the samples are not in there too.

We'll further investigate this.

Sincerely,

Iffa

0 Kudos
Iffa_Intel

After some clarification, it is deducted that this is the expected behavior of YUM distribution for OpenVINO. It only contains a runtime package.

There is no plan to distribute the dev package for CentOS and if you plan to do so, you may need to use binary installer to deploy dev components.

You may refer to this documentation: Install OpenVINO Model Development Tools — OpenVINO™ documentation (intel.com)

Sincerely,

Iffa

0 Kudos
PatL
Beginner

That documentation link does not work ("openvino-docs.inn.intel.com’s server IP address could not be found"). Looks like a link to an internal page at Intel (?)

0 Kudos
Iffa_Intel

Let me emphasize that:

Since there is no plan to distribute dev package for CentOS , you may need to use binary installer to deploy dev components.

You may Install the OpenVINO Model Development Tools which provides the following tools:

• Model Optimizer
  • Benchmark Tool
  • Accuracy Checker and Annotation Converter
  • Post-Training Optimization Tool
  • Model Downloader and other Open Model Zoo tools

Note: from 2022.1 release, the OpenVINO Developer Tools can only be installed via PyPI.

This is the public link that contains more detailed documentation: https://pypi.org/project/openvino-dev/

Sincerely,

Iffa

0 Kudos
Iffa_Intel

Greetings,

Intel will no longer monitor this thread since we have provided a solution. If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question. 

Sincerely,

Iffa

0 Kudos