Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ Toolkit
Community assistance about the Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit, OpenCV, and all aspects of computer vision-related on Intel® platforms.

libcpu_extension_avx2.so No such file or directory Error

Jeff__Liao
Beginner

Hi everyone,

I try to run sample code with AVX2, but I cannot find any "libcpu_extension_avx2.so" file

Intel OpenVINO Tutorial Videos ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPPcYeFbmiA&list=PLDKCjIU5YH6jMzcTV5_cxX9aPHsborbXQ&index=43 ) 4:38

• OpenVINO : 2019.3.379

AVX2, SSE4.2 and AVX512 are supported on my CPU.

How can I get the 'libcpu_extension_avx2.so' file?

or how to use it ?

Thanks!!!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
JAIVIN_J_Intel
Employee

Hi Liao,

Since you are using Windows, you can find the cpu extension dll file from:

openvino_2019.3.379\deployment_tools\inference_engine\bin\intel64\Release\cpu_extension_avx2.dll

The OpenVINO Tutorial Video is demonstrated on Linux OS.

Also, you can install the latest version of OpenVINO (2020.1) where CPU extensions library was removed as they were moved into the plugin.

Regards,

Jaivin

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JAIVIN_J_Intel
Employee

Hi Liao,

Since you are using Windows, you can find the cpu extension dll file from:

openvino_2019.3.379\deployment_tools\inference_engine\bin\intel64\Release\cpu_extension_avx2.dll

The OpenVINO Tutorial Video is demonstrated on Linux OS.

Also, you can install the latest version of OpenVINO (2020.1) where CPU extensions library was removed as they were moved into the plugin.

Regards,

Jaivin

0 Kudos
DarkHorse
Employee

Hello Liao,

I come across this topic, I need to run a face detection model from github and it needs to have this cpu_extension_avx2.dll. I am using OpenVINO 2020 R4, can you show me the path where is this file located in?

Thanks for the help.

0 Kudos